Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone looking for Clarion product? Or maybe JL audio?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BozoWise, Sep 19, 2002.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I just opened up my store direct with these two manufacturers so if you are looking for anything from these two guys shoot me an email. There are guys here that can vouce for me being a straight up guy with quick delivery and great prices. We also carry many other lines so just give me a shout and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

2. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

I need a CD player for UNDER 100 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and what prices for a 10" JL, not lookking for COMP. just your base sub. i think their 10W0.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I will say that Brian has got to be the nicest and easiest to deal with. He recommened products and has helped me with many technical questions. His customer service has been excellent.

I would recommend him to anyone looking for audio equipment.

John

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I have to whole-heartedly agree with John. Brian has been absolutely awesome to deal with. Extremely helpful, always ready to talk you thru any technical issues.

I have bought a couple of things from him and will soon be buying more. He definitely gets a "2 thumbs up!" rating. I would (and do) recommend him to anyone looking for any audio and/or security equipment. Definitely one of the good guys to deal with!!

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the great compliments guys I hope to please all my customers as much or more then I have you guys.

As far as the CD player for under a hundred please consider spending a bit more money and getting a quality CD player. I can get you into a nice clarion, panasonic, or kenwood for under 150.00 shipped

A JL 10w0 would be 70.00 they retail for 109.95 and I am an authorized dealer so anything I sell will have a full warranty because the recepit is from an authorized store location; almost all of the stuff on ebay has no warranty because JL audio does not allow the sell of their product on ebay.

6. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

BOZO, i was kinda kidding /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

But what can you get me under 150.00 I just need a good CD player, no bells and whistles. What models do you have?

7. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

You already know what I want /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Just wanting for a bill to come in to see if I can afford all of it or if I need to do it in 2 stage. He quoted me some great prices.

Mike

8. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Azz I wasn't offended as I was a customer for many years and even today I am still under a budget with my own stereos.

As far as models I have or can get direct new product from the following lines. Pioneer, Jvc, Panasonic, Kenwood, Blaupunkt, Clarion, Sony, Jense, Rockford Fosgate (yes they make headunits), and Sanyo. I can get Alpine through a friend of mine that owns a shop but it is a mess and he doesn't like them even though he sells them. He sells much more Clarion and has much less returns with them. I also choose the Clarion for my competition vehicles because the output voltage on the RCA's is top notch and they are great with the rough roads we have here in NM. Just shoot me an email and I can get you some prices.

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

How much for a 12W7? Would my 1200x1 @ 1 ohm Audiobahn amp be enough to power it?

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

BW,

Have you had a chance to audition the W6 v2's yet? I heard that they were supposed to offer a lot of the "gee whiz" features of the W7, at a price that mortals can afford.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

BOZOWISE how much for a pair of JL 12W7's email me or post the price rebel102285@hotmail.com /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hey BozoWise, What subs would you recomend for a everyday vichile ??? I want to build a box for either (3) or possibley (4) 15" subs. Box will take up all the room behind rear seat in fullsize Blazer. Top of box even with back seat, just enough room to open tail gate (handle on inside). Subs will fire upwards. Need recomendations for subs and amp(s). Don't want to spend alot, but want something that will last.

13. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Howdy!! Sounds like some good feedback on you so......
    I need it all!!!
    All I really want tho is something that sounds good, not really into it where I can tell the difference between top end and bottom. I have an '84 Blazer with shot speakers and a 10.00 cd player I picked up from a swap meet.
    What are your suggestions?
    Thanks, Marty--- /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

First thing I'd do is get some good speakers. Liston do different ones and decide what sounds best to you. Do you plan on running alot of power to them, or just powering them with the headunit ??? Good speakers will make the world of a difference. I personally like Infinity Kappa's, but they can be expencive.

15. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

how much for the 3 jl 12" in the tri angle box? i think they were 12w3's

16. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Just got back to the board and I'll get prices up for everyone in the AM.

As far as the triple JL 12's I installed one today in a sub and was very disappointed. They are w0 and a pair of w3 are much nicer then the triple w0. Plus the triple enclosure is HUGE.

I would ALWAYS suggest Crossfire over JL but people seem to be fixated with the JL name. I still compete with Crossfire and have yet to find ANY JL powered vehicle that can come close to my 1 Crossfire sub, I do many any amount of JL speakers and amps can't beat my 1 sub. That is not braging but fact. You never see anyone major at finals with JL in an SPL vehicle. SQ is a different story as Jl does beat out the Crossfire in that area.

So to make it short and sweet for the money Crossfire is the way to go. If you want some crystal clear highs and SQ quality lows then aim at JL.

The W6 lowdown:::: nice sub, highly recomend it over the W7 for most customers. Takes abuse well and keeps on ticking. The W7 is a awesome sub, but highly in demand and the prices are premium.

I'll post prices and answer all the questions I missed in the AM. Thanks guys and gals.

17. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

thanks. what would you recomend then. i dont want to spend more than 1g on subs, enclosure, and amp. i want something that will sound good playing slipknot and too short. i was also considering running 4 10's. but i dont know where to start.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, if I go with Crossfire, witch subs should I use, I seen they have different models to choose from. I would like to run 3 or 4 15" subs in the back of the Blazer. This will be just a street beets system, not for competetion. I want to be able to produce megabass, but I also want to be able to hear everything else. I've heard systems that did really good on bass, but sucked for everything else. I want some 15s that'll last, but not the most expencive ones avalible. Well, now lets talk about amps. Knowing the sub configuration, what amp(s) would you recomened to power that set up ???? Finially, what kind of price are we talking ???

19. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Z3 look into a PAIR of P115's and either a 600d or 1000d depending on your money available. If you build a ported enclosure to the specs that Crossfire provides this setup will be very loud for an everyday driver. Plus the d class amps use less current to produce the same wattage as a a-b class amplifier. I have a salesman with 2 P112's and a 600d and he is doing solid 150's.

2 - P115's and a 600d would be about 550.00 shipped the setup retails for about 975.00

20. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

The best I could do on the W7 12's is 550 each or 1000.00 pair They are hard to get and retail for 750.00 You could try the amp, but the w7 is a 3ohm single voicecoil sub. You wouldn't be getting that much power from the amp and if you are going to spend the money on JL's best sub then I would highly suggest a new amp. The audiobahns just don't perform well as compared to some other brands. I sell the audiobahn, but do not try and puch it on customers.