Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone make a monstor gas tank for my V3500?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblock454, Oct 9, 2003.

1. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

As my 88 V3500 gets a max of 10 MPG the dual 20 gallon tanks just don't last very long. It really needs to be dual 40s or even 50s. Anyone make something like that?

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I've seen a few companys that make ones that go in the back of the bed. Some are even a tool box on top and fuel tank in the bottom and you can use them along with the factory tanks. The ones I saw where an extra 40,60, or 90 gal. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I'll see If I can find where I saw these and post it. I'm also looking into something as I also have a 88 one ton.

3. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

Cool let me know what you find. How do you hitch up the bed tanks to the factory tanks?

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 76' C30 dually and we used to go from Cali to Texas towing a 3 axle gooseneck and we built a 100 gallon tank right behind the cab that was connected to the other tanks and could be just off via a valve in the cab. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

How about putting a sub or K5 tank in the rear between the frame rails? It would add another 30-40 gal capacity. That's what I've considered for mine, although 70 gal of diesel would probably overextend my bladder and any desire to carry that many extra bottles...