Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone make rear disc caliper brackets for dana 70

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Md mudder, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

also does anyone know width differance between gm d70 dually
    rear and a pickup 14 bolt /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

The tsm brackets for the dana 60 fit the dana 70

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Ryan, We will have that one complete before the end of the year. I have made a set of brackets for Marv Springer's buggy with a Dodge D60 and he is working out the spacer demensions for me this weekend. So we basicly have it nearly complete. Just a little tweeking.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I am building a D70HD for my truck and I could not find anyone that made a kit for one. Brackets off of a D60 might bolt up to the backing plate flange but the problem is going to be the length of the spindle. The spindle has approx 5" from the flange to the edge of the seal surface, other axles like the D60 & (SRW version) 14 bolts only have about half of that distance to deal with.

I built a set of rear disc brakes for mine using front D60 calipers, brackets and rotors. I didn't want the extreme width of a dually D70HD so I had mine shortened to the same width as my van version 14 bolt. Shortening it like this made it alot easier because now I didn't have to deal with the 5" span, I only had to work with a 2 1/2" long area.

I have a few pictures of my axle on my web site and my Webshots page (see link on my web site homepage). Good luck.