Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone miss having a nice blazer after tearing theirs up?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 7, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I am really missig how my blazer did look before I wheeled it, any one have two?

I am seriously upset over this, not becaused I trashed mine, just because I don't have a nice one too.
    I am thinking of building another one for the street and very light wheeling.

nice paint, bumpers, not cut up floors ect and a healthy big block and 3/4 ton front 1 ton rear, just about what I have but with a good body.

this..

[​IMG]

I cant get over how bad I want another blazer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, "crying as he leaves computer" /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

would look badass having two in the driveway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ps no the turd is not mine, it's dads but he does have a blazer and 68 camaro so does that make it ok? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    but he also has a dodge /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

TWO? YEP! Just for that reason!
    [​IMG] now
    [​IMG] a few months ago

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

never... wish it was more hardcore about 90% of the time... think its about right as it is the other 10%.

j

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't know. I'm turning a sow's ear into ...well, a better sow's ear anyway. Mine was such a POS when I got it, anything was better. I am making it into a nice rig tho. My next truck will be something I can cut up into a truggy and won't have any discernible color and no straight sheetmetal. Even if i have to take a sledgehammer to it.

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    very light wheeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Now that's funny

6. supersize75

well I went from this
    [​IMG]

to this..
    [​IMG]

and now it is just plain beet, not a strait panel on the darn thing, holes in the body. ripped a light out, front grill, light besels ect /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I should have just kept this one nice and built another /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

ill trade my k5 for urs. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Why did you get all new body panels just to trash them? Didn't look like there was anything wrong with those /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Did you keep the old ones?

9. supersize75

no I cut up the old ones, they had miner rust around the lips on the fenders and front got wrecked, I was just young and dumb, so I replaced them all, easier than removing the old paint and fixing rust too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I am really missig how my blazer did look before I wheeled it, any one have two?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i actually have 4; 88, 83, 79, and 74; they all run except the 74 it is a rusty turd that i bought for some parts and am reselling it, the 79 is also pretty rusty; building the 83 to wheel and the 88 for light wheeling; then i also have a few others /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

On trucks... not so much. I have only put a few scratches and dents in my K5 in the 9 months I've had it and I felt bad at first... Not because I care how it looks, but because mine is/was in exceptional original condition for a 25-year-old Chevy Truck. But then I remembered it's a truck, not a show car, and now I drive it like an Escaped Mental Patient in a Stolen MiniBus. (That whole situation was never proven in court, by the way... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) It's happy doing Truck Things. It'd be a waste to keep it on the pavement...

In regard to other cars though, I have a '78 Malibu that's also exceptional for its age. After I painted it I used to priss around in it, park it way out away from other cars, etc., until I got that first scratch. Within a few weeks I was out ripping doughnuts on the pavement and using it for what I built it for... abuse!!!

Now I have a Sweeeeeeet '95 Z28 6spd that was completely showroom condition with 70K on it when I bought it. Same deal, I prissed around in it for a few months, afraid to scratch it or tear it up. But that was no fun! Now I've done a few mods to it, it's got a few minor scratches, I've slid it off the road a couple of times, etc. It still looks awesome, but I've nearly got the clutch torn out of it. Sometimes I feel bad for thrashing a mint car like that, but then again they didn't build the LT1 Camaro to be driven to church on Sundays. If I had bought a thrashed one to begin with, it wouldn't look as nice and I'd have probably already spent enough on repairs to a thrashed one to equal what I paid for the mint one... It's all subjective and circumstantial I guess.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I guess my overall point would be (you thought I didn't have a point didn't you??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) that there's no crime in thrashing a nice vehicle as long as it doesn't bother you to drive it after it looks like crap. Some people say it's a crime to tear up a nice vehicle, and that if you're going to beat something you should start with a beater. The problem is that if you start with a beater you could easily spend just as much money on it fixing all the little problems just to make it roadworthy as you would spend by starting with a lower mileage or 'nicer' vehicle.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Apparently I'm conflicted on the issue too. Please disgregard my reply. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Paul 'X' [​IMG]

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I sure do miss when my truck was nice. Believe it or not it was almost showroom condition when I got it. I'm building a K5 for road use because they have nice interiors and going to continue to thrash the truck.

It seems like the only people who complain that their rig used to be nice are pansies anyway. You enjoy wheelin', be PROUD of your rig! Big deal, its got some trail rash, so does my truck. It adds character. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. supersize75

I am proud, but I want another one to keep nice so I can fully enjoy mine, I am literaly a tree hugger as of last month /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. supersize75

now that was a essay, can I turn that in instead of writing a paper? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

sounds like you have some cool toys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

No!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Wheeling is too much fun!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Mine was straight as an arrow too... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also...It helps...having multiple RIGS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

[​IMG]

16. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I miss mine--wasn't a blazer, but it was damn nice--(ill get pics when imagestation is back online) fully loaded silverado--power everything, cruise control, stepside, wood bed floor, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Now, nothing--shes lucky she even has the cab on it still. i ahve been keeping an eye out for another one for street use (can you imaging putting the $$ we put into our trail rigs into a street ride---unstopable) but all the ones are too far.

17. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well my truck was far from mint when i got it, and i suppose thats why i got it so cheap.. so i beat it hard for a little while, got it stuck the first week i had it and bounced it off a couple of small trees creating character marks on the bed...now i want to replace every panel except the cab lol...

18. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I was on a trail ride once where the guy in front of me had two passengers that got out and moved any tree limbs or rocks that might have scratched his paint... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

Supersize75, what kind of tailights are on your K5?

20. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

those are toyota truck taillights, tacoma i think, say about '98...