Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone missing a 79 Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bugspray, Nov 19, 2004.

1. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

Was at the local junkyard today and saw a 79 blazer, white top, primer grey-part bondo- with the coloradok5.com sticker on each side window of the top. There were other stickers also, but there was a City of Mesa Police sticker on it also. I'm assuming it was towed /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well that sucks , I would of thought members here all took care of their trucks . I would of offered my backyard before they let the city tow it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm wondering.....................

There use to be an ole boy on here, Junkyardsomethingoranother. Met him a couple of times out in Hollister and last I knew, he was living down around Mesa/Phoenix/Tucson and that description kind of sounds like his truck.........

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The one on the far left perhaps?
    [​IMG]

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Actually, that may not be it.......... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

It's hard to tell if that's the one. I think the windshield was in it, but I know for sure there wasn't a sticker across the top. I was pushed for time, so I couldn't look it over that well, and for that matter it was 1 of about 30 I looked at. I do know I looked for a few of those "treasures" that you find on a colorado k5 chebby, ie rear shackle flip. Nothing like that. The whole drive train was gone also. I do remember opening the driver door and hearing something rattle, so I looked down in it and noticed power windows. The bondo was coming off the rear driver wheel well.

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Wait a minute! You said this place has a D60 front axle for $195???? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

If so, SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BUY THAT - NOW!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

I mis id'd the axle(s). Sorry Shawn /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif The ID in the technical portion looked like it. She (counter girl) said any front axle 4x4 $195 + tax. I go there often, so when I learn how to properly ID a 60 and see one- I'll post it.

9. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

What yard is it at? I only know of one that has 30+ GM trucks. Please tell me this is another /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

looky here look here /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that's what I looked at and that's what it looked like. It had the 8 lugs and all. I'm going to have to look at one up close. Pull a Part is the yard- south side of the road on broadway at 31st ave.

12. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

A D60 has 3 u-bolts, 2 on the driver side and 1 on the pass side and it will have 2 bolts onto of the pass spring plate by the pumpkin. Hope that helps you out.