Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone need a 205?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Muddytazz, May 4, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Found this is the paper

[ QUOTE ]
    CHEVY Transfer Case, 205 4WD. $200. 503-630-2495

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought maybe someone could use it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. rebelrockin

rebelrockin 1/2 ton status

Not now but I sure could use your talent on getting my kick down to work on this Turbo 350 from the 700R4 the cable is working correctly, this tranny came from a First Generation to my 1987 and I am not pleased with the way this thing is running, at least the 700R4 got out and moved when I needed to pass, I know a ford Tempo would kick my butt right now. I had the power but I don't have [censored] now. They told Mike to drill a hole and place a bolt in there to allow the bar to slide, just don't know if that is something that should be done. I use to kick ass now it is just ass. Have you done this before by chance. We about got killed cause motor home pulled off the road and I had no power to pass him up hill and some jerk 3 cars behind us just about put me in to the side of the motor home cause I just didn't have the power to pass. I am not pleased with this Turbo 350 no get up and go. Jeep is just about finished for you to put the slide bars on and have you make me up some skid plates for it also if you can do that also. Do you know how to put the kodiak step on or have you done that before. I need the one I have here put on my side. I just bought Mike a pogo stick to put up his back side to get in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the best thing to do is just go get a actually kickdown cable from a th350 from the wrecking yard for about $2

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hi Effie,

Just for now to save you that embarassment you were mentioning above (Ford Tempo /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) - I had to do this for a year on my 79K5 with the TPI406 motor because the kickdown was wrong for the throttle body - MANUALLY SHIFT down.........seriously. Just throw it down to second and away you will go.........I know this seems simple but that is all the kickdown cable is doing for you.

Hope this helps ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif