Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone need a spotter?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Twiz, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

looks like the Jimmys not going to make it. I'm complettly bummed. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I'm still going to go tho'. I'll just walk the trails I can and take pics I guess, but I'm a little worried about how I'm going to get around otherwise.

My buddy and his wife are comeing along in a motorhome, I'm going to take my lil' S10. So, I think the plan will be, I'll just pack the three of us in the S10 and drive it up to the trail heads, and walk as much of the trails as we can.
    Thts pretty much all we did on EasterJp / Lower Helldreado, just walked the trail and watched, but I'm not sure how it's going to work out for the other trails.

Question is, how long are some of these trails and how far into them is it to get to a main obsticals?
    Anyone with a spare seat that might consider picking up a walker along the way?
    - Buy ya a beer or two, I'll be sure to get some good pics of ya too!

Man, I'm so bummed-out.
    /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Sorry to hear that Eric, bummer. I was looking forward to wheeling with ya!

You guys can ride in the back seat if you want, till we get to an obstacle- I don't have a full cage in the back- wouldn't be safe. From what I understand so far, it can be quite a distance from trailhead to various obstacles, and most of the trails don't end where you started. See you out there!

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

My son is going but I've got 3 seat belts on a bench seat. Your welcome to use it, but it may be a little crowded...

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

EXCELLENT!

I'll take any help I can get. I have no problems with hikeing most of the trail, it's just makeing it a round trip that worries me.

If this event works out to be anything like the EasterJp thing, a guy could just hang out on a major obstical all-day and watch -

What trails are you guys thinking about taking?

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Looks like the guy that was going to ride with me should have his truck fixed by the time we arrive so I could really use a spotter. Front seats are much better than the back. You might need some ear plugs though /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Well, my buddy's wife is haveing some kind of pain/problems with "things". We'll see how she feels, see if she's up to going. It might end up to be just me- maybe my friend will still be able to go- I'm not sure yet.

Man, what a sh!tty day!

Anyway, I'll be very greatfull for any ride I can get, to anywhere, to any trail - doesn't matter. Just as long as I'm there.

Keep yer' eyes peeled for a lil black and lowered S10 - DO NOT RUN IT OVER because it'll be me inside.

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Dave, I still have you marked down for a beer or two anyway.

If my buddy doesn't make it, I'll be staying at Motel 6 insted of the motorhome. So, I'll be right there.

No matter what, I'll be in Moab, one way or another. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I also have an empty back seat.