Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone need pics of TPI stuff?

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by dyeager535, Feb 6, 2007.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Going to tear the plenum and runners off today to put in my new Ford 24# injectors, wondering if anyone thinks pics would be nice to have of anything?

I can't imagine there is much use for any of it in photo that isn't already out there, but I figured I'd ask just in case. :)

Anyone that isn't injected yet feel free to chime in, probably the only people that would really benefit from any pictures.

2. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Not to be totally annoying, but I would be interested in as many pictures as you are willing to snap...that way when I have to take it apart, I will have cutom dialed in pictures in the wings...

3. noahrob

Can you take a picture of how the fuel lines route off the fuel rail. I think my Power Steering pump is boiling my fuel on the way in...

4. dyeager535

Can't link directly, but on this page:
    http://dyeager535.topcities.com/TPI/index.html

"airintakeDS.jpg" you can see my fuel lines. dsengine on the same page is pretty good too, if sideways. PS1.jpg is a close up. Heck, might as well look at all three pages instead of me listing them. :)

I don't necessarily like how they are routed, but they are stock pieces I re-bent to fit, and they work fine. I've got rubber hose over the bottom one to keep it from rubbing on the block. I tried not to leave anything to chance on the fuel lines.

Maybe someone has another opinion, but the volume of fuel through the lines should prevent fuel from boiling, especially from the PS pump. I know they get hot, but I can't imagine they get THAT hot?

5. noahrob

Perfect, Thanks!!!

I have my hose (rubber) literally touching the PS pump...I think I will get some hard line with the Saginaw fittings, in fact I am pretty sure I have some int eh garage I can bend...

6. dyeager535

Yeah, those lines are fairly short since they connect to the braided stuff. Just wish they made the exact length I need in that Saginaw fitting, so I could bend them up myself.

I'd be surprised if you DON'T have those lines, that similar/comparable aren't to be found in the wrecking yards. I noticed that most late 80's early 90's GM stuff (FWD or RWD) all used similar braided lines, so I'd *think* the steel portion should be pretty easy to find as well.