Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone need the brackets off the front of an 86 454? other parts

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by jjlaughner, Dec 17, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

computer parts, animal habitat, truck parts, flying pigs and deer feet

HOW MANY HIT WILL THIS TITLE GET? DAMN I"M TIRED!:p:

This was a 3/4ton 86 GMC pickup, 2wd, auto (400) and 454. It has the big cast aluminum bracket for the right side and metal off the left, idler pulley. If came from an engine fire (brackets are fine, I have all the bolts also), I have the accessories for cores if your building a new motor (the plastic pieces melted), only thing I wonder about is the bearings in the idler pulley. Also have the Exhaust manifolds off the motor, look like the welder tube header type. All this is setting in the middle of my garage floor and I need to get my blazer in the garage. Locals or pickup people makes offers, Other people interested please remember shipping will be 1-3 boxes depending on if you want the accessories for cores so figure $15-25 per box... I'm working 12hour days till Jan 6th I can box it up and take pics in the evenings. Whats it worth? If no offers I'll box it up and store it till I build my 2wd K5 project :p:

Also have a 14bff with I think 3.73s and cut ebrakes, maybe open but I've not opened it to see. One of the brakes (drivers side) is seized. Its ready to load up, $50.
    (if nerd boy see this, this is not your axle, its still sitting in the driveway also, I'm trying to pull it inside also before it seizes up)

2wd steering box, shaft that goes to column from an 86 3/4ton pickup - $40 (no I wont pull the shaft and ship just it)

Things I need
    Money
    New Job
    Girlfriend
    Ujoint Steering shaft
    Money
    Sway bar eye bushings (the 4 little half pieces)
    Dual steering stabilizer brackets for left right stabilzers

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  2. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

sent you a PM.

3. jjlaughner

adding stuff

returned PM
    here's a couple pics before I tore the stuff off the motor
    paint is burnt off but the parts are still ok
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reptile tank 40 gallon tall, can't hold more than 1/3 tank of water because the top strap is broke (could be fixed), nice wood trim and slide in screen top - $40 perfer pickup can ship
    Monroe sensa trac shocks - used/stock height from my 87K5 - $25 plus ship used for about 6 months no leak just can't bring myself to toss them...

pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jjlaughner

After the first of the year I should have some more computer parts for sale, PM me if interested in any below

*AMD K6-2 450 (might be 475 but bios on board only sees 450), with a ASUS motherboard and maybe 128-256MB of ram have to double check -never any problems (thinking $50ish shipped)

*AMD XP 2100 processor (1.7GHz) with OCZ 512MB CL2 PC2100 DDR Ram with aluminum heatsink! on a killer SOYO Motherboard! (IDE raid, can run 8 IDE devices if your power supply can handle it!:grin: ) -never any problems has recent bios flash (thinking $200ish shipped for all three pieces and I'll toss in a 7000K RPM cpu cooler if you feel like overclocking it :D Its been over clocked 1 or 2 mhz before got up to 1.77GHz never really pushed it further than that and never ran it there constantly and I'm not a gamer)

I have a couple video cards, AGP and PCI, PCI network cards (nice 10/100 3com cards), 25foot lengths of Cat5 cable, some 10 footers and can custom cut any length!

5. jjlaughner

computer parts

bump... I haven't forgot the pics, just too damn tired after work...

6. jjlaughner

top again! brackets still for sale and someone has emailed me about the tube exhaust manifolds... Waiting for reply

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd like to convert my '85 to serpentine setup. Don't want the accessories but just the brackets and the PS reservoir. I'd offer $25 to start. :thumb:

8. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Not to take a sale away, but that isn't a full serpentine. Only the alternator is serpentine. I had the same setup on my 87 454 and really liked it. You get the advantage of a serpentine for the important alternator and fan/waterpump, and seperate V belts for the A/C and power steering. I like that so if you loose only one componet(locks/burns up) far from home, you can remove just one belt and keep the engine running to get home vs. a full serpentine you would be done.

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That makes sense. Only reason I'm looking for full serp. is the fact I always have problems with a loose belt on the alt. and it squeals like crazy. I also like the fact of one belt rather than 2 or 3 but around here in my parts, there is no place to go to get stranded. I understand your idea totally, and thanks for correcting me on the V-groove and serp. pics, I didn't pay attention. Prefer the full serp. for me. Thanks! :thumb:

10. jjlaughner

yep... what he said
    can't really part out the brakets either since some attach to each other or mount to the aluminum side bracket. Unless your going to run AC on the big right hand bracket you'd have alot of extra stuff with no accessories. Seems like this thing has two air pumps, power steering, AC, alt and an idler pulley. The power steering brackets swing off the big aluminum bracket for the AC unit and the center air unit connects to the aluminum bracket and the alt bracket to make the alt and air pump adjustable... thats how I'm remembering taking it apart anyway. If no ones interested I'll keep this for my 454 build up years for now but right now its sitting in the middle of my garage floor in the way of my gearing some axles...

11. jjlaughner