Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone needing a 700-R4?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Nov 8, 2001.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

This is a little more on the verge of "for sale" board topic, but since I'm not the one selling them...came off a car mailing list I am on.

"Got a flyer from Jim Pace yesterday. He's listing a discontinued
    > Goodwrench 700R4 for '85-'86 4WD "K" series trucks, with torque
    > converter, for $495 (no core charge). P/N 24209706"

Can't see any downside to that, wonder how many they have? Thats a real steal if you ask me. Depends though if they are rebuilt/upgraded units, or original '85 ones. That would be a bad thing : )

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

2. kchecca

kchecca Registered Member

Might be interested. Where is this thing located? Is there a way to contact/confirm the condition (rebuilt or original)? Please contact me off-list if desired (checca@alum.wpi.edu)

--------------------------
    Keith C
    Bigbird '00 Jeep TJ
    Grandpa's '77 Blazer

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm pretty sure thats Jim Pace, a Chevy dealer. They have stuff online, not sure of the URL though.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmmm, '87 was the year that GM did major upgrades to the 700R4's, to fix many of the reliability problems. Be sure to ask if this one has the upgrades! If it's just an old item that's been in the corner of a stock room for the last 15+ years, then it's only good for a truck you want to sell quickly. [​IMG] If it's got the upgrades, then it's a smokin' deal! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

5. 87 is when they started the upgrades to the 700R4 with a new and stronger case design. Most tranny shops won't even accept 86 and down for a core !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!