Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone on anti-depressants?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, May 10, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a very angry personality, always have, probably always will. I can keep it at bay for the most part but then it just builds up. When it builds up I tend to get pretty depressed. This isn't a wow, feel sorry for me thread, I'm just wondering if anyone is on pills for it and if they help/how you feel different. I'd rather not have any just take a deep breath and it'll go away responses, when I try to look on the bright side of something, stupid things happen elsewhere in my life.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

the US Navy wants me on them, but i wont. due to the same reasons of you. my mom is on them and my ex wife was on them and still may be. a few of my friends are as well.

i think they are depressants to be honest. but they make you feel ok with being depressed. i am strongly against drugs that mess with your chemical balance. i have delt with it by taking out my anger when needed. its not as hard as you think. go shooting once a week. get a punching bag. run, bike or swim. take a car to a large open lot and play around(make sure its a beater ride so damage does not matter.) all in all i found that i just needed to haev a bit more fun and focus the bad energy on some of the thigns i enjoy more. also try to worry about less.

oh, and i dont feel sorry for anyone, so dont take it like that. thats just how i have coped with one of my many issues. :D

Grant

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm not on any meds, but ask your doc about Xanax. It sounds like just the thing Xanax helps.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the doc gave me a 2 month prescription to help me try and quit smoking. well I didn't quit but they did make me more mellow :D

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I'm not on any, but prolly should be. I'm very cynical and hate most human beings. Many moons ago, I was placed on Valium, it ended in bloodshed, so I was immediatly taken off all drugs, being as how I'm pretty harmless when not medicated.(mostly bark, not much bite.) :confused: and :mad:

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

whats your drug of choice, lol..i am on meds, and have been on several..xanax, valuim, zoloft, prozac, welbtrin, restoril,and more that i can't spell. i'm also on meds for my brain diease, at one time i was up to almost 30 different meds a day, currently i'm on about a dozen..most of them form y brain diease..as for the ant depressants..i don't think they work all that well. at least for me, everytime i go back to the shrink, he gives me a different med, becasue so far nothing has really worked..best thing to do tho, is talk to a physciarist, not a "family doctor" the family doctor can help and prescribe meds, but the physciarist specializes in this, and getter better diagnose and get you what you need.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Its no secret that I'm on anti-depressants and have been on couple different ones over the passed year or two.

I am a very angry person too. I am quick to snap, especially at those I love or care about. Meds have little to no effect on that. Its a personality thing more than an inbalance. You need to work on calming down, don't look to meds. Anti-Depressants do nothing for me other than to take the highs and lows away. I don't get AS angry, but I am still quick to anger and its still an inappropriate amount of it.

I still get Depressed, in fact a few cases almost more so than when not on them... I was just calmer about it... thats another story that if you really want to hear just PM me. I am presently not on my meds. I like the way I feel off of them better.... sometimes.

They mess up my body. I have acid reflux because of my anti-depressants. I have to take 2 meds(acid reflux one and the a/d) when I take them. Got sick of having to watch what I eat. That and they have sexual side effects that were fine for a while but... yeah... another if you want to know PM me thing.

I have more I could say about meds, but I'll leave that to anyone who cares to PM me about it.

Overall I believe that between Tshy and the meds, I'm alive today because of them. Zoloft was a god send to me. But it caused my now present acid reflux issue, so I had to go off of it. :(

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My wife has been on Paxil (sp?) for many years now. It got rid of all the extreme highs and extreme lows and left her more able to cope with things. I honestly think without it she and I would have divorced by now...

Rene

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Same here. Paxil has made a big difference for her, and therefore us.

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Don't know what she's on but a friend is on anti-depressents as well and she's a hell of a lot happier. As a consequence, all around her are happier as well. Just a thought.

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  11. ShitownK5er

ShitownK5er 1/2 ton status

im on Zoloft for anxiety but i think you can take it if youre depressed

12. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'm not on them yet... but I'm considering it...

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I dont take them ...

I took a doctors advice and started using Elavil,and I had taken them for only a few days when I was noticing I was having more negative thoughts than ever,and even thought about driving into a bridge abutment or jumping off a bridge--I called the doctor,he told me not to take the pills anymore--and added "some people have worse problems WITH the anti-depressants than without,due to "side effects"!--well,if they know that it causes some young people to want to commit suicide,what the hell are they handing them out like candy to teens and young folks for?...

I know a lot of people,including my sister,who used anti-depressants,and stopped after having bad side effects from them...I guess some people do well on them,but me and my sister are two who didn't..

I've found most "depression" is caused by OTHER PEOPLE!!--they stress you out and it builds up inside you--and you cant tell them to F^^^ off if its your boss,wife,etc--after awhile you reach the breaking point and it all comes to a head,and something has to give--you get moody,angry,frustrated,have ulcers and upset stomach all the time--anyone who says they "never get depressed,its all in your head" is fooling only themselves..
    .its a direct result of failure to deal with stress and the normal strain of daily life in todays hectic and often it lies dormant for a long time--then a tradgety or other major life disruption like losing a job,or a loved one triggers it--and it cripples a lot of people,myself included!--one of the biggest reasons I have no job is because I refuse to deal with other people that enjoy making your life miserable-

-EVERY place I've ever worked always has a brownnoser that rides my butt all day,40+ hrs a week,and they'ed dump THEIR work on me--then get ME in trouble when my work fell behind!--now I dont take it--I just flip out and either quit,or tell them to hire someone else--I got sick of being treated like a robot that has no feelings....its like your supposed to "block out" any feelings or emotions and do your job like a machine--no matter if your parents are on their deathbed,your little kid has cancer,or other problems--they dont give a rats ass about YOUR problems--but its OK for THEM to have emotional outbursts when they ream YOU out for not "performing up to our standards".....and God forbid you tell them your depressed--then they treat you like some kind of mental case...

I've had some problems with depression lately--but its all due to my uncertain future here--I havent had any major problems since I quit my "real" job 10 years ago--which leads me to beleive its not ME that has a problem--its just the stress of dealing with all the bulls!it of the retail working world and all the other people who think they are superior that caused 99% of it...

If I'm going to "self medicate" myself,I'd rather drink or smoke weed--I think thats as good a solution as any pills that make me want to cut my wrists or swan dive off high bridges...I think there are too many pills for every ailment--most of them exist only to make drug companies and doctors rich--and do little if any good,and in many cases,more HARM than good...for those who use them and feel better,I'm glad they worked for them!--but they nearly killed me..... :crazy: