Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone on the Atkins diet ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 14, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just thought I'd let you know how much I'm enjoying a Crispy Cream donut right now. MMMMmmmmmmmm.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

whats the atkins diet? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

low carb.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    whats the atkins diet? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

a bull$%^& diet that cuts important nutrients out of your diet and doesn't help you lose weight the maximum healthy way /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. My dad is on it, hes lost plenty of weight but can't lose anymore, and hes too lazy to workout. I don't know whats better but there has to be something out there.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

There were some, but they all died....something about malnutrition.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oohhh /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hmmmmm I'm drinking the blood off a steak right now, MMMMMmmmmmmmmm

Yeah it isn't all that healthy, and it's trendy [darn], but it works, and it's healthier than being fat

Plus it's fun to drink blood!

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Nope.
    But I have been on a diet that Paul (CanmoreK5) turned Me on to. Lost 35 lbs so far in about 2.5 months. Trust Me it's nothing like that Atkins or South Beach diet which I do agree is crap. For the most part most of the info that I got from Paul came from big pappa b. I feel great and have a lot more energy.

BTW how in the hell can You gag down one of those Krappy Kream doughnut /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif If Your gonna eat a doughnut at least eat one that taste good not some piece of crap pumped out by some food chain /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nope.
    But I have been on a diet that Paul (CanmoreK5) turned Me on to. Lost 35 lbs so far in about 2.5 months. Trust Me it's nothing like that Atkins or South Beach diet which I do agree is crap. For the most part most of the info that I got from Paul came from big pappa b. I feel great and have a lot more energy.

BTW how in the hell can You gag down one of those Krappy Kream doughnut /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif If Your gonna eat a doughnut at least eat one that taste good not some piece of crap pumped out by some food chain /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

what's on this diet? I would like to get the directions and see if I may be interested in it, tried the Atkins and couldn't live too long without eating spaghetti /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i am not on a atkins diet, but I am limiting my carb intake...

j

12. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

what amount of carbs are you eating per day?

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

mmmmmm carbs.... I prefer fuel injectors myself... But my friend from Yugoslavia gave me a great recipie for carbs... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Glad it's working for you both. Paul actually called me from Canada to thank me and let me know of his progress. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    tried the Atkins and couldn't live too long without eating spaghetti

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well Dude all I can say is Your sh!t out of luck /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    First off You have got to cut Your carbs and sugar and increase Your protien intake and make sure You are taking good vitamins.
    The biggest thing You have to do when You increase Your protien intake is to drink lots of water. That is one reason that a lot of people have a problem with the Atkins diet. You have got to have lots of water for Your body to digest all the protien. Otherwise You may have that little heart problem that so many people have with the Atkins /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Like I said You gotta cut the carb. That means startchy stuff like pasta, potatos and breads /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I eat about 5-6 times a day. In the morning I have a protien shake that I get from GNC called Mega Isolate. I get 50g of protien and 5g of carbs from it. If its a work day then I make it with skim milk for an extra 15g of protien, it does add more carbs but since I'm working I use it for fuel to start out the day. The rest of the day it's just a matter of eating sensible like leaner meats and plenty of veggies. Oh and fish I eat lots of fish.
    Like I said Canmore and big pappa b are the ones to ask. Im sure either one could add a lot more. Oh and Ya gotta get of Your arse and get more active /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, uh oh! no spaghetti, huh? oh well, might be willing to give it a try. as far as activity, yea I do need that, just hate getting out of bed after working almost 12 hours. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

17. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

"Pork... Its the other meat rotting in your gut"

Im a tofu eatin vegan... laughing at atkins kooks

18. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I eat tofu too, occasionally. Just use it for some extra protein but the wife doesn't like me too. that bean curd that it's made from like to clear out the house /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I eat tofu too, occasionally. Just use it for some extra protein but the wife doesn't like me too. that bean curd that it's made from like to clear out the house /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I surely don't need to eat tofu then /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    "Pork... Its the other meat rotting in your gut"

[/ QUOTE ] I've got a couple of thick pork chops that I'm grilling for lunch sat. LOL.