Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone parking it in front of the tube for the friends final episode?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, May 6, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I know I am, beer in hand. then calling one of the Boise cuties afterwards.

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm gonna TIVO it for the wife, and find something interesting to do for myself.

No offense.

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

no. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I'll catch it someday watching re-runs.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Absolutely not

The only thing on TV that can capture me is Monty Python, and as soon as I can afford the entire series on DVD, I'll be golden

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

No. What's the all big deal about some dumb canceled show?
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifJeez There was even something about on the news.
    They give away money or something?

Maby you should call one of those cuties to come over watch it with you. Something more interesting than friends may come up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

friends is crap... my gf likes it, but I aint gonna watch it or miss it when its gone. Only sad part of the whole story is that reruns will be all over tv for the next decade. lol!

at any rate, nbc keeps trying to trump up the final episode and I find that pretty funny. Popularity with respect to the ratings has been on the downhill slide ever since season 2 ended. If it was on the rise, they wouldnt even be canceling it. lol!!!!!

j

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

who said it was cancelled? its been on for 10 years, they desided not to film anymore, it wan't canceled

9. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

What's friends? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ratings = $$$$ in the TV biz.

I learned quite a bit about the TV biz when NBC was one of my customers a few years ago. Television broadcasters live and die by the number of eyes watching a show at any given moment. Friends has been HUGELY successful for NBC and brings in millions of dollars each week. How else do you think they could afford to keep the show on the air for all these years and still pay EACH of the main actors a cool $1,000,000 per episode? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Commercial time for tonights episode sold out completely at $2,000,000 for EACH THIRTY SECONDS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif (So you can bet yer a$$ that there will be PLENTY of commercial interruptions tonight!) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The series has already been sold into syndication (all those reruns on other networks) for a sweet $158,000,000. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Friends wasn't cancelled, and you can bet your last dime that NBC would absolutely LOVE to keep it on the air simply because it's a giant cash machine. The actors have grown tired of doing the show and want to move on with their lives. They tried to end it a couple of years ago, but NBC sweetened the pot to get them to stay on longer.

The same thing has happened to Frasier, another NBC show that rakes in mucho dinero. Its final episode will be aired next week.

The TV biz is a take-no-prisoners free-for-all. If the big whigs at NBC don't quickly find some new shows to replace the revenue that will be lost when these two shows go off the air, you can expect to read about lots of heads rolling in the NBC Entertainment Division very soon. ABC just fired the top executives from their Entertainment Division for making bad programming choices. They have the lowest ratings of the big 3 and passed up CSI, the highest rated show on television! They didn't think it would be popular... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Friends = [​IMG]
    Hell, I don't even get that channel.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone parking it in front of the tube for the friends final episode?

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

That's the funniest thing I have read all night.