Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Play Airsoft?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GEORGIA GABE, Jun 16, 2005.

1. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering if anyone played airsoft. If you dont know, its like paintball but more realistic. the guns are scary real, (the nice ones at least) and the games are more military simulation. not speedball. I used to play paintball but I like airsoft much better.

gabe

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

Does it hurt like paintball? I always liked paintball cause it hurt. Not that I like to hurt, but because you didn't want to get hit. The fear of it makes it fun. That's why I wonder about the guys that where the armor from head to toe. Mask is all I where. I would go with only goggels, but they don't like that much at the parks around here.

Point being, if it keeps that aspect of it, I would like to find out more.

3. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

4. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

oh it can hurt, the guns shoot 6mm plastic bbs at around 450fps. so its like a slightly safer version of bb gun wars. I have had skin broken a couple of times from someone shooting too close. there are rules of engagement as far as how close you can shoot someone with an aeg, thats why we carry pistols as well that shoot around 300fps, single shot sniper rifles can shoot up to 550 fps but must maintain 100 foot minimum engagement.
    go to arnies airsoft, or redwolf airsoft, there are alot of police departments that use airsoft to train their swat teams. some of the swat guys are damn good. some dont like it when a young kid whips em.

gabe