Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone plow snow in the winter? I want to do a pump rebuild, need a kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Oct 21, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I was reading on another forum and got a part number for the Meyers E-47 to E-57 pump rebuild kit. It comes with new pump and electrical stuff but its like $300! My plow works great, I ran it a little low on fluid last year and it started to freeze up on the really cold days. It also has a couple leaking couplers. I'm looking for a rebuild kit that includes the lines and all new seals and maybe some of the electronics and the brass nuts for the coils next to the pump. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I seen some rebuild kits for about $30 on ebay last winter but nothing has surfaced yet. Once I get my new fuel lines in I'm thinking about pulling the pump unit off and doing a flush and fill with synthetic fluids. The previous owner I bet never done any of the service work for it seeing as how it was probley low when I got it (and of course I didn't know anything about them so I just ran it too). It probley has 3 or 4 years on it with little to no service. It does plow nice though, it sits perfect on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] I'm going to get a poly board this year, my plow has a couple dents in it and the christmas snow we had this past year really stuck to it. I'm also going to grind down the front edge and repaint it.

2. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

hey, im not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I found a lot of parts on this page: http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?pagenm=sn
    it still gets pretty expensive though when you add everything up. hope u can fix it. -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. jjlaughner

hum cool site, I copied several pics of the exploded parts. Looks like they sale everything seperate, I was hoping for a kit and a big insuruction booklet! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I might order a couple other things from that site if I can't find it locally though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

5. jjlaughner

Registared last night waiting to be approved! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

yeah, i see what you mean, a complete kit would be nice. good luck -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif