Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone put Rough Country suspension on their 1-ton

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k30gambi, Oct 20, 2002.

1. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Wondering if anyone has done this. I called and asked them and they said they only made them for 1/2 and 3/4. I know as long as I get the 56" rear springs I'm fine but I was wondering if the shocks would fit right or not(maybe different size mounting holes,bolts and or them being the right length or not) And I got spare u-bolts if since they are different. Any help is appreciated cuz I will order it tomorrow if it works. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well what size axle do they consider for the 3/4 ton?
    I would say it should be the same as the one ton, except maybe the front if it's a D60.
    I guess you should be OK and if you need bigger U bolts for the D60 like you said you can get those.
    Otherwise I don't think you have a problem.

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Only major differences I can think of are the rear shock mounts are on opposite sides of the axle and the K30 has a heavier load capacity.

4. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Sweet, those are the factors I was thinking of. I think I am gonna go for it. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif