Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone rebuilt a 203?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Nov 1, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I am concerned about the condition of my 203, seems the chain is noisy and the rear output has some slop in the bearings. The PO had it rebuilt, and the receipt was almost $1000. I do not want to pay that kinda cash to rebuild mine. Is there any good videos/books on doing this t-case? I have the Haynes manual which has some info, but it kinda scares me. Also, is it possible to repair the items in question, or better just to do the whole thing.

I would ditch the t-case altogether and go 205, but I don't want to redo my shafts n such at this time. If I go the full rebuild route I would probably get a core so if I screw it up im not out much money.

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You could buy mine and practice.....

3. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

If you pay to have it built it might be cheaper to do the 205 and redo shafts JM .02

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

aren't you some kind of auto-tech /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

You know anything about 203's, like rebuilding them? Maybe make some side money since you are complaining about being low on cash lately.....

5. mahorney

mahorney Registered Member

Helms.com
    I got the service manuals for my '86 from them and has details for 205, 207, and 208. Perhaps some other manual year has the 203?

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    aren't you some kind of auto-tech /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

You know anything about 203's, like rebuilding them? Maybe make some side money since you are complaining about being low on cash lately.....

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm trying to make things easy for you. Your already complaining about $1000 and I don't even have the unit in front of me yet. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Since you are running a TH350 you can probably find a 205 and driveshafts cheap enought to make it worth your while to get rid of a 203 boat anchor... I hate those things... I changed 8 of them in my rig in a matter of a year and a half... Check the pull a part in Everett, they usually have some pretty reasonable prices on stuff.