Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone replaced a pass window on a ford ZX2?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by LKJR, May 9, 2003.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

girlfriends car got broke into last night, smashed out the pass side door window. anyone ever replaced one of these? I found one here in town for $125 and it's a whole lot cheaper than the deductable. just wondering how difficult this is knowing ford has a lot of goody tools they use on some things.

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I used to work gor a Ford dealership in the body shop. IIRC they are pretty esay to do, pull the door panel and outer weatherstrip. The weatherstrip might have bolt in one end so check before you start pulling.You will also need to take the bolt out of the bottom of the window runs. There should be some access hole in the door to reach the bolts that hold the window to the regulator, take the nuts off, pop the bar loose.Get a shop vac and suck the old glass out of the door, make sure to clean the glass out of the window runs or you will be doing this again. The installation is kind of tricky getting the window back in, you might have to try a couple of different angles to get it in. Slide it in the door, all the way to the bottom, slide it bac in the runs and slide it up tilll you can bolt it back to the regulator. Bolt it up, put the bolts back in the runs and put your weatherstrip back on and door panel. PM me if you have any ?'s

Krennen

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

already got it done thanx