Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone run 35*15 TSL with a 4 inch lift w/o trimming

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudnowlouder, Jan 24, 2002.

1. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

I know a similar discussion has been posted before about running 35's with a 4 inch lift, but I only remember reading that 35 *12.50's fit no problem.
    I will trim the fenders for more clearance, just dont have time to do it right now and I have a friend who can mount them for free now.

So has anyone run 35*15 TSL's with a 4 inch lift without trimming? My only concern is the drive home after they're installed, I dont want to gouge the tires and eat up the fenders while turning out of the parking lot and the extra width seems like it may be a problem.

Thanks
    Adam J Herbert

2. Big Bad 82 K5

Big Bad 82 K5 Newbie

I asked my local 4x4 shop that same question today and they told me no problem. you will have no problems with them only thing is the will fill up most of the wheel well but that is no problem...Jason

K5 what real men drive! Just runnin over the competition

3. loudnowlouder

thanks a lot man
    thats exactly what i wanted to hear
    it pains me to see 4 new tires sitting around when i know i wont get to trim the fender for another month

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Depends on how flexy your suspension is. My 33's hit on my 4" lift.

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Check with shaggyk5, I belive he is running that size without a lift. It takes a lot of trimming

6. loudnowlouder

I have a 4 inch rough country lift thats real stiff, looks like a 6 inch lift, my 33s just looked way too tiny on it,
    theres plenty of room for a 35, but this was one of those "it looks like it may be ok" situations,
    and i didnt want to get stuck choppin a fender in a parking lot of a sears...
    dont think they'd appreciate it too much...lol
    and i admit that i'm normally wrong when it comes to something looking like it'll work without being certain...
    thanks for the reply

7. BANKO

BANKO Registered Member

I have 35x14.50 SSRs with a 6" skyjacker lift on my K20. When I turn lock to lock (with minimum flex) I get occasional rubbing on the wider clod of each tire. This happens on both the front and rear side of the fender. I'm going to perform minor surgery to remove a 2"x3" section in front and rear of the tire which should fix this problem. My K20 is not going to be a huge rock crawler, it was built to take my motorcycle to the desert and sand dunes. This minor trimming should prevent this problem when driving with the sway bar connected. Once I get sway bar disconnects, I will have to re-evaluate my approach and sack up to cutting a more noticable section out of my fenders :)

I hope this helps.

Josh

8. loudnowlouder

i finally did it....and although everyone was guessing it wouldnt hit since i have a real stiff 4 inch lift, the side lugs definately hit the fenders everytime i made a turn...

Thank God i changed my plans and talked the shop 2 blocks from my house into putting them on...
    so it wasnt bad, but it really would have sucked to drive even a mile like that...
    looks like i get to break out the sawzall tonight!

so if this question comes up again, the answer is they will more than likely hit the fenders going out of the shop...

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have a 4" Rancho softride and 35x12.50 BFG M/Ts and they rub like crazy...even with lowered bumpstops.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

10. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 4" Pro Comp lift and 35" MTR's and it has rubbbed a couple of times, but so far nothing too severe. But then again I haven't gotten too hairy with it yet. The only time it has rubbed is when it is at full lock and I hit a bump it rubs a little.
    Hope it helps.

Gee your a fart smeller, Oh, I mean a Smart Feller!

11. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Here are some pics of my truch with a 4" rough country lift and 36x12.50-16.5 tsl sx's. Still need a little finder triming

http://community.webshots.com/user/cegusman