Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone run 395/85/20 mich. tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FULLSIZE, Nov 21, 2002.

1. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

lookin at runnin the 395/85/20's on some custom 20" beadlocks. anyone run them that can tell me how these things work(sidewall flex/ traction) on a fullsize? all the input i've gotten are from jeep guys who's rigs weigh around 4000lbs. mines around 6000lbs. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I dont think anybody on this site runs anything like that since there are few if any running rockwells. I plan on using this tire if it is still available next year when I start my rockwell swap. I would imagine that ANY tire when aired down sufficiently will flex like you want it to with a relatively heavy truck. Also, when you do air these down, there is much less of a chance of punctures and such since this tire has so many plies. Sorry, no first hand experience from me, but I think if you get a good deal on used ones that have plenty of tread left it would be worth it to buy them.

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

well, im running michelin XL's and ther 38.5 inches tall (11.00R16) and with NO air in the back tires it starts to ride nice. 395/85/20 are rated for 9000 lbs or so each, so id say youd be airing down a hella lot.

4. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

i run those on my 5-tons!!!!

5. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

"i run those on my 5-tons!!!!"

i like the sound of that /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif i plan to groove the knobs to let them flex a bit more. the sidewalls and the diameter are the reason i'm concidering them. the fact there radials is nice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif