Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone run an aftermarket sunroof?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by jekbrown, Nov 18, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just wondering what brand you had and your impressions of it? I know some years of s-10 had a factory sunroof... but Im more interested in aftermarket ones. any info appreciated, thanks!

j

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

yup..I have one from jc whitney....nice product, pretty good instructions, nice quality.

Rob

3. jekbrown

what brand was it? any leaks? install it urself or have a pro do it? how does the window mechanism work... can u pop the whole glass part out and remove it?

j

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

It had one in it when I bought it, but while on a test drive up the road, it blew out...(I only had it sitting on top just to keep the dust out and forgot about it) I tried to find one to drop back in, but couldnt. I finally bought one that was bigger, and just enlarged the hole using the template. It wasactually pretty easy, but I was a little scared, you know, that sheetmetal/sawzall mixture anxiety until the first cut. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif It doesnt leak at all. The glass comes out and the window latches really seal it up good.

I think its an SFC or something like that.

Rob

5. jekbrown

cool, thanks for the skinny... AFAIK jc whiteney only sells one sunroof that fits an S-10 so it shouldnt be to hard to find it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif neat that u can pull the glass. I am getting a rear window that is removable also... then all I need is a speed-glass windshield and removeable doors and my s-10/k5 hybrid would be nice n light on the trail. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j