Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone run Nology Spark Plug Wires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mini_mull, Apr 28, 2005.

1. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I did a search, but there wasn't really any info from anyone who's tried these before, just my cousins buddy, or found these online kind of posts. I found a set on sale, but still about 1.5 times what a set of MSDs or any other good wire would cost. Anyone have any actual experience running them? Are they actually better than the rest? (I doubt it, but figured I might as well ask)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I wouldn't pay for fancy plug wires. New wires yes, but not expensive ones.

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Seems to me that if a capacitive spark plug cable were a good idea that someone would have thot of it a long time ago. If you've got the money to spare and you want to experiment then get them. Otherwise I'd go with a known cable.
    BTW, solid conductor cables are great for screwing with drive-thrus. :)

4. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Stick with a well known brand like MSD, Moroso, or Accel if you want an upgrade.

Im running MSD wires and I love em. I was having trouble with the cheap part store wires. They cost like $50 and they've lasted over 3 years now.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

MSD are by far the best wires I have ever use(d).

John

6. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

We used to run the whole Nology setup on a Class 1/2-1600 (VW) with great results on the dyno and seat of the pants. They have been around for a long time and are well respected. I wouldn't think they would be worth the money on an otherwise stock/tired V8, but if you have a performance motor and are looking to get everything you can out of it, hell ya! :D

7. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice. I had been planning on going with MSD, but when I saw these on clearance, I was tempted. Guess I won't bother with them at least until I get my HT383 sometime down the road, and maybe not even then.
    Baja, do you know how their lifetime warranty works, it doesn't cover normal wear, does it, as in these would be the last wires you ever buy?