Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone run paddle tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, Aug 28, 2005.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about getting some paddles for my truck to run at the desert. I just think it'd be sweet to throw a roost in the dunes! Anyone know where to get a pair, anyone have any experience/pics? Thanks.

2. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Well unless you realy have some power under the hood you are better off using a set of floatation tires instead of agressive tires. But if you realy want paddles you might look into some retread paddles. They basicly take a wrinkle wall drag car tire and volcanize paddles onto it. The ones on our rail are guarented to 2000 hp.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man i want a rail so bad.
    when i finally get a garage i want to build a tube fram go kart to het my skill in order, than im going to build a rail
    so much fun, when i was a kid we went to sand mountian in NV. we were walking along the top of the mountian and this rail jumped over the top of us. it was soo sweet, and now i have wanted one ever sence.

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

rcurrier is right....

Too much paddle in the sand is way worse than too little. Paddles suck horsepower like an ex-wife sucks child support! :haha:

Look at "buggy sites" in the classifieds. Buying them used is the way to go if possible.

I run 16.50 STU's on my buggy when I take it to the dunes.

Marv

5. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I would only run paddle in true sand, as even slightly rough terrain or rocks or roots will tear the piss out of them and quick!

6. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I am talking about running them at Glamis mostly, maybe Gordon's Well (not of the flats). I have a 475hp 383 under the hood, so it could spin a set that wasn't too aggressive. Thanks for the info.

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner