Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone run Swamper SX's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigjblazer, May 27, 2002.

1. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

Anyone run Swamper SX\'s?

I am in the market for some 38's (truck looks kinda funny with 9 inch lift and little 35's). I go muddin every weekend, but this is also my daily. How do the SX's run on the street, and bout how many miles did you get out of em? Thanks for your input.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone run Swamper SX\'s?

I'm running 38.5x14.50x15 TSL/SX's on 76 GMC Jimmy 6" Sus.,2" Body lift just can't drive radical around corners or across some intersections don't like gettin air in town tends to scare other drivers around you if you know what I mean!

3. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

My dad runs them on his 87 1 ton dodge, 6" lift. They handle great, and there only square for like the first mile or so.. hes got only 3000 miles on them but they seem to be wearing good... i've heard there one of the strongest tires around, do to the thick sidewall. There also the only swamper to have bais ply construction and a radial belt. The bais ply for strength. and the belt is there i think for better ride/wear characteristics. i'am buying a set 38.5 x14.5. 16.5 for my 85 burb... i only wish they came in a 40 or 42 size.

4. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I run the 35" SXs. They are noisy, hard to balance and generally suck to drive on the street. Anytime the tires get cold and sit overnight, they become oval for the first 5-7 miles...BUT they work awesome offroad. Unbelieveable traction for climbing out of ruts and ditches. The tradeoff is worth it to me. I am in the market for larger tires....I just wish the SX came in a larger size.

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I ran a set of 36x12.5 TSL/SXs. They were wore out when I got them, but I was pretty impressed. I really liked them and if that tread pattern was available in a 44, I would be running them now.