Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running 2" or 2.5" front and rear springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Oct 16, 2005.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm thinking of some for my '87 V10 and wondered about the ride characteristics.

You see, I've never had any truck or installed one of that "short" of lift. Everything I've done was 4" or taller.

I'm looking at Skyjacker front and rears since I already have the ORD greasable shackles and bushings.

Are the Skyjackers actually 2" or 2.5" lift? I haven't checked the website but do they list them as 2 or 2.5?

On the same Skyjacker rear springs, are they military wrap? I remember reading in some of my old 4WOR or 4 Wheeler mags that some lift manufacturer had military wrapped springs on the rear of 2"ers.

I plan on these springs along with ORD 1" zero-rates and ORD 1" body lift. Tires will be 35's on stock Ralley wheels. Gonna be a daily driver, too.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm kind of confusing myself, but here's what I'm reading on the their website...................

They have a 2" rear spring listed and a 2.5 front spring listed. But not a 2" front and not a 2.5" rear that I have found yet.................. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm not finding anything about the military wrap.

Their pricing seems a little whacked also.............. :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

jms,
    were steering mods necessary?

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I've got the 2 1/2" Genuine Suspension lift on mine with lift springs front and rear. So far it's done what I asked of it and held up on the trail very well.

Next year I plan on pulling it and doing the 52" swap up front and putting 56's in the rear with a shackle flip and running 35's. I also run Pro Comp ES3000 shocks. It's a little bumpy, but better than it was with stock springs. :D

The only steering mod I did was adjust my draglink. I get a little bump steer but no problems braking. I also plan on doing crossover steering next year too.

Rick