Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running 3/4 ton rotors and calipers on a Dana 60?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

heard some guys dont like the smaller brakes with big tires. you can get offset rims for about the same price and still have big brakes.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Ya i like the idea of the weight savings, but i really dont like loosing the big brakes

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I heavily considered it with my High Pinion 60 since I have the larger Dual Pistons. But in the end I decided that I just couldn't bring myself to downgrade a part of my truck, especially something as important as the brakes. I'm selling my tires and getting 17" rim version of the 39.5" IROKs. Weight loss is nice but I'd rather have big time braking. Heck I've been thinking about running dual pistons in the rear as well instead of the 3/4 ton calipers :D

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm not too worried about braking power, considering this will be my "lightest" Blazer only having a small block in it and 35" tires. The 35's I have are in good shape and the rims are 15x10 8-lug Chrome Spokes with 4" backspacing, and they are on it now and I dont want to change tires or rims if I can help it.

It brakes excellent with the regular 3/4 ton front rotors/brakes on it now. I'd like to have bigger brakes too, but since the tires arent huge, I don't think I need them that badly. Plus, then I could just use my existing calipers and lines and not even have to bleed the brake system.

6. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ive got 3/4 ton brakes on mine allen...look in my webshots...