Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running 9012s...What length brake lines?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Sep 3, 2002.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I need new front brake lines. I am running 6" BDS w/ 9012s and a Dana 60 up front. I am going to have some rubber brake lines made. How long should I get them? I would prefer these in actual inch measurements rather than inches longer than stock. Thanks! [/b]

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

This isn't probbly of any help----BUT----I have the Doetsch Tech (.025 more travel than 9012's) and I have the 6" Procomp Stainless line (from Summit) and they are long enough---and i think i can flex the front pretty well /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I had the ProComps on mine but with the D60 and full flex they were starting to get snug so I ordered a set of lines for a 12" lift. I used a couple of zip ties and carb springs and attached them to the shocks. The 12" lines are Superlift. I would not get rubber lines because once you start getting longer lines they tend to swell under braking pressure.

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I am running the 5.5" BDS springs and a Dana 60 and the Ford shock mounts with the 9012s. I know i've said this before, but I went to my local speed shop and bought some 26" ss brake lines for my Dana 60. Seems like they were about $15-$20 each. One end has a 90 degree angle on it and works good with the D 60 calipers. I attached them to the shocks using a small D-ring, a radiator hose clamp(that I put heat shrink on) and a small spring to hold them out of the way. I have not stretched them yet.

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Ok how many inches are the superlift lines?

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

My SS Superlift ones are 11 inches longer than stock... 100 bucks for all 3 from 4wpw.com /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Long enough. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Off hand I'm not sure. I got them from 4wpw. Not sure what the price was though. I try not to keep track of prices anymore. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif BTW when you order them just get them for 10 bolt axles. They get kinda confused when you say what axles you have and what they are in. I just ordered mine for an 89 Jimmy with 12" lift. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status