Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running a Full Manual Valve Body?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Nov 15, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just curious if anyone else is running a full manual valve body in their auto. I read steve fox is running an art carr valve body.
    What brand? How do ya like it?
    I installed a B&M stage 3 in my TH400 in my camaro and wasn't impressed with it. It was just a modified spacer plate. I ended up having some problems with the stage 3 kit, and eventually put some check balls back in to make it the stage 2 kit.
    I just tore it all apart and replaced all the clutches again, all the foreward clutches were toast. Now i'm putting a reverse shifting TCI full manual valve body in. Comes with the whole modified valve body and gaskets. Hopefully this valve body will be /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It should work killer with the B&M shifter in my camaro.

I like the stage 2 B&M kit I installed in my blazer's TH350. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

Only difference is now you gota shift it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Happy rowing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I never did like B&M's shift kits.

TCI is good stuff. I also like transgo stuff.

Make sure that if it is a reverse pattern you shifter will handle it.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I've had a J.W. Performance reverse manual v/b in my TH400 for about 6 years now and I love it. Like Ratlover said, I had to change the gate in my B&M Prostick shifter to accomodate the reverse shift pattern. I love it, it didn't shift as hard as I expected it to though. I say didn't because it's broke right now - planetary failure. I will keep it when I have it rebuilt.

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sweet.
    Thanks for the input.

I rebuilt and installed the TH400 this weekend.. It shifted AWSOME for the last 2 days. I love it...
    Only now second gear is gone. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif The manual valve body worked great for the first few days, and now all of a sudden 2nd isn't there. I called TCI tech support and they said it's probally that 2nd gear sprag inside the tranny that's blown. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I checked out the sprag as i was putting it all back together and it was fine... And its wierd it worked awsome for the first few days... now something aint right again. I'm hoping its just linkage but i doubt it. TCI said if i think its the valve body i can ship it back to them and they'll test it for free. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hear that sprag is usually the first thing to go in th TH400 with a lot of torque... They make like a 32 element sprag instead of a 16 element or something like that. Supposed to increase torque handling by 110%. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Fix one thing... another breaks. Typical. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif