Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running a NP205 clocked up?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Waxer, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Just curious if there are any negative reprocussions to running a NP205 clocked up a bolt notch or two on the adapter. I know the front driveline angles will be affected and I'll need to modify the shifter, but is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for any input.

2. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

Mine is clocked on the end of my Doubler. The 2 thing to look out for are interference with the body and filling the case with oil.
    I used a 1" body lift to move the body away but a few whacks with a BFH will worrk too.
    You have to nosedown the truck and overfill the case a bit. I forget exactly which part this is done for but if you call ans ask James or Stephen at ORD they can tell you.
    David

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You mean clock it on the tranny side? Dealing with the angle on the crossmember might be interesting.

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean clock it on the tranny side? Dealing with the angle on the crossmember might be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes thats what I meant. I was more or less just thinking w/o thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have yet to even take a look at it myself to see what the options are, or if it is even feasible.