Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone running a shackle lift up front

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86 4door, Dec 9, 2002.

1. 86 4door

86 4door Registered Member

is anyone useing a shackle lift on the front? if you are what brand- how much lift? thanks in advance

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

1.5" lift (3" longer) Worrior Products. Don't like them much, they make a clunk under hard turning and require shortening the bushings and sleeves. Pretty strong tho, not worried about that. Turning radius widened up after the install also.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

reread, sorry. Yes you can but too much will lead to "death wobble"

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I am getting 3/4" out of a set of shackles. This wasn't enough to cause driveability or front driveline issues as everything is fine.

I made them out of some thick steel and they have more than one set of "top" holes so I can adjust the height by about 1/2" or something like that. I forget what these pieces were originally intended for, but I got them for something like $15 with most of the holes already drilled right and zinc plated. I use them with ORD greasables.