Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running a slip yoke eliminator kit for a 208???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bckinblk, Feb 21, 2003.

1. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I am looking into replacing my driveshaft and would like some info on the 208 slip yoke eliminator kit ?? What Does this kit require?? Will I have to replace or rebuild my t-case ?? any suggestions are greatly appreciated..88 k-5 with stock lift and stock 700r4 208 case on 33's.thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I am contemplating the same issue and remember seing a link to a website a couple of months ago on a thread here.
    It was a replacement yoke, flange style that you bolt to your existing output shaft after you drill and tap it for a bolt to hold it on.
    I will do a search and when I find it I will post a link, or you can do the search too.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

This is the post and the link in it to driveline solutions.
    208 SYE thread

4. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Cool thats the kit I want to get $375 seems like a good deal .I figure to pull the t case and have it bench drilled for the output bolt .This should cure the infamous clunk while in drive syndrome Ive had for years .I am planning on getting one soon I will let you know how it works or you can get one and let me know how it works /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Anyone out there use this kit yet?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I was originally contemplating this setup until I realized it was actually cheaper to go with a 205 mounted behind my 700 than to go with this setup. In addition, you might want to do some seraches on that company name and check with the BBB. There has been lots of bad press about that company, the quality of their craftsmanship, and their customer service after the sale.

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was originally contemplating this setup until I realized it was actually cheaper to go with a 205 mounted behind my 700 than to go with this setup. In addition, you might want to do some seraches on that company name and check with the BBB. There has been lots of bad press about that company, the quality of their craftsmanship, and their customer service after the sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still waiting for a reply from them after emailing them on friday.
    I am set on the 208 because I want the 2.62:1 low gear and I am putting a Klune V behind it which they have for a 208 but not for a 205 except the newer round 6 bolt mounting.
    I will keep looking for a setup that will work for me with the 208.
    If not these guys someone else.

7. toy4fun

toy4fun 1/2 ton status

I just was wounding if any one has any feed back on this kit (good or bad) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifSeems like a good idea /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Any one that has put one in, what kind or problems that ran in too. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I have the kit...I also have the companies driveshafts (aka arizona driveline). THe driveshafts are a complete shitefest. I broke the rear twice but now they are both worn out pretty badly. As far as the yoke goes it's a pretty straight forward mount up but they did not pull my t-case so I doubt it's 100 percent straight. I'm more worried about the shafts. THe cool thing is if the rear shaft breaks you can use the bolt on yoke to "cap" the tailshaft and keep all your goo from spilling out. I'm going to have highangle build me my rear shaft and then I'll really test the strength of the bolt on yoke kit. I have beat on my truck pretty hard and no breakage yet.
    juan

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just do what I did.......Wait and wait then wait for some selling a 208 with a custom fixed output for $75 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. toy4fun

toy4fun 1/2 ton status

Ya! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting but Ed McMan still hasn't brought me my 10 million /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif or any $75 transfer cases /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif some people have all the luck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Yes, it is called a 203.

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

K10ANDY... has done alot of work getting Dodge 208 parts to bolt up to a chevy to make it a fixed yoke. There is a shift rail support inside the case that has to be moved to make the dodge work on the chevy. I can never remember what the last half of his screen name is but he is the guy you want to talk to.