Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running aftermarket rubber floor mat

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by edman87, Jan 7, 2005.

1. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

I removed the carpet from my '87 project and plan to line the rear area and want a rubber or polyvinyl mat in the front are. LMC has 1 that I am interested in and I canfind few other choices. Has anyone else had good or bad experience with their aftermarket mat? Where is it from? Hows the quality/ durability? Thanks

2. James670X

James670X 1/2 ton status

I was going to run a rubber floormat from Trimparts in my truck, but it's not even close to the original,...the colors wrong, it's too thick, and the texture's all wrong, but if you're willing to put in the effort to trim it to length, cut out all holes and have a warm place to install it in (doesn't like to conform otherwise) then I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used the thick rubber matt that they line stable floors and horse boxes with over here. It's about an inch thick, grip patterned on one side and VERY heavily channeled on the underside so water can flow out and air has more of a chance to dry your floor out before it rusts!
    It came in big sheets so I cut it to size.
    It cost about £100 to do the whole truck, front to back (about $180) but it may well be cheaper over there as you have a lot more horses than us!!
    It really keeps the noise down too.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

personally id spend the dough on rhino line spray in there, have seen several doen lately, and it is VERY nice

good luck

5. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a LMC kit sitting on my porch right now.
    I didn't use it...I changed my mind...and now it sits.

I looks like a nice kit....very close to the factory mats.

If you decide to buy a LMC kit...let me know...I'll give you a deal on mine.

6. jimmy'sjimmy

jimmy'sjimmy 1/2 ton status

i have a LMC kit in my 87' i like it a lot. when i spill stuff or it gets covered in mud its really easy to clean. kit came with new insulation and everything, all i really had to do was cut holes for seatbelts and seats and a few trims here and there and it fits great. if i had the money at the time i would have rhino lined it but im happy with what ive got.

7. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

Might be interested in that lmc kit, is it the front mat only or is it the 4 piece set? I was planning to spray the entire inside and like the look and feel of having a front mat. I was just wanting the front but might consider 4 pc for right price. Where are you located? Shipping might kill any deal we could make.

8. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

Does the rhino lining ack as a sound deading also

9. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ive got the factory rubber floor (hence the screenname) and the only problem ive seen so far is that the dumbass old redneck that owned it before me used to wash it out with a hose....no real bad rust spots but some surface in some spot, i plan on doing the LMC kit when i redo the interior.:grin:

10. big_black_blazer

big_black_blazer 1/2 ton status

i work in an upholstry shop and we get our mats from Auto Custom Carpets. they fit great, but as for having to trim them, any mat is going to be that way. you wouldn't believe the difference from one vehicle to another in the location of seatbelts, floor shifters, seat mounts, etc.; this is the reason you must trim it. personally, i am considering just painting my floorboards and screwing down my floor mats, then i can hose it no problem.