Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone running block headers...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bikejunkie, Jul 9, 2003.

1. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Registered Member

I have been doing lots of searches looking for peoples opinions on headers. I just about decided to go with a pair of Hedmann, and then someone told me I should just get some block headers. But I'm not sure that they will fit. If they did that would be great, less chance of getting bashed on a rock. Just woundering what works well for you guys on the rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

I have a set of hedman headers, sounds nice, bolted right up not too expencive. Only one thing about headers you contantly are blowing out the seals. Spend the extra dough for some copper caskets, well worth the money Summit has them I think. After the inital break in period and you retighten the bolts you can forget about it, they will never leak and the bolts will never loosen. Head wrap is also a good idea or at least a heat sheild for your starter, the headers will cook it if you do not.

3. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

Do you mean the Block Huggers that a lot of places sell as universal for hot rods and conversions. Or are you talking about the Shorty headers?

What are you putting them on?

Tim