Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running Dunlop Radial Rover RV

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by t's85chevyk5, May 3, 2004.

1. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

I am looking to purchase some new shoes for my 85 blazer. I can get a good deal on the dunlop rovers RV. I do mostly street driving but do some decent wheeling. I will be running 33x1250x15 as i am currently. The terrain out here is dry mostly and can be sandy, rocky, hard surfaces. Has anybody had any experience with this tire, what do you think about them and would they work for my truck? I am not going to crawl the moab right away , however i want a dependable on and off road tire.

Thanks Fellas
    Taylor
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I used to run those in florida and thought that they were great tires. The only reason I got some B/F AT's is because I got them for free!. They worked great in sand and lasted along time.

3. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

Thanks for your input /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I have gone through 2 sets on my Ford. They hold up good and last. They had great traction when pulling my boat up wet launch ramps (unlike the first set of tires I had on the truck).

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i ran em on the back of my yukon for a while, they rode and wore well. theyre really good in sand and dirt (dunno about rock), but they suck ass in mud. ask me how i know... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

i'm actually gonna be putting them back on the truck. the reguls i replaced them with are HORRIBLE, so im gonna go back to the RVs /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I had a set of those on my K5 and I liked them... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif