Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone Running EdelBrock Pro-Flo MPFI ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Burt4x4, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

If so
    What ignition are you using?
    What parts would you recomend getting?
    What is my next question?
    Tell me what I forgot to ask?

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBC!

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wan't to get the Performer RPM MPFI setup baaaaaaaaaaad!. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif Far as I know you can use your existing vacuum HEI because the kit comes with the stuff to convert it to the 4 or 7 pin deal.The biggest job that i can think of is getting the electric fuel pump into the tank.

When am I going to come over and help you drop that bad boy in? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

That is the setup I am going to put on my 396. Please keep us posted on how it works and how easy it is to adjust. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Fuel pump in the tank? No No, it is an inline fuel pump. atleast it better be? I am preety sure it is.
    I'm not going with the RPM version but the Performer version(smaller injectors for more lowend performace).
    Yes you can use stock HEI but I want a bit more than that /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I have never talk with anyone that has this setup....I don't think anyone here does either?? But thought I would at least try to findout what realworld setups are being used?
    As for commin over, HEll Yes!! Humm when?...duno yet too far down the road. I got some honey doos to take care of and my engine bay to get ready for the BBC when it gets back from the machine shop. Then it's AWWN!!!
    YYYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBC! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. rjfguitar

Myabe it is an inline. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif That would make it MUCH easier. Bullet has the tbi to MPFI kit and is close to the same thing but not as nice as the complete system because it doesn't have much adjustibility without the in cab controller like the complete systems. God damn, those systems are so . Gotta love being able to control timing, air/fuel ratio, power settings, idle, etc... and never move from your compfy driver seat! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Steven Watson has the BBC edelbrock system and says it works great. The only bad part is he doesn't have any on road experience with it and never had a carb on it to compare far as I know.

Heck ya I wan't to come over, i want to check out your rig! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Burt, I'm pretty sure Stephen Watson runs this on his 468 in the ORD jimmy... When i was talking to him at blazerfest that stuck out in my memory.. When i ordered some stuff over the phone he was telling me how he liked it also. His truck would actually keep running no matter what situation. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I wish i asked him some more about this setup but now i'm leaning more towards a TPI setup for my smallblock.

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

ohhh Dr. Watson has it! I didn't know that. Of corase when I was hangin out with him last June I did know I was going this route then.
    This weekend I'm outa town but I will be around next weekend doing bathroom remodleing crap instead of man space time /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif but I got to get thease bathrooms done so I can spend ALL my free time in the garage /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Paging Dr. Watson...Dr. Watson to the white curtisy phone...tell Burt everything he needs to know about this setup and what cool parts to buy /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya TPI rocks! BUTTTT Gm did not make it for BBC /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif only TBI /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Ya I wish I knew I was gonna do this I would have picked his brain clean /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    maby I will get lucky and he will be infront of his computer and see this post? If not I'm just gonna dive in with both feet, no worries /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. rjfguitar

PM him.

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Am I correct that last time I saw the prices on the Edelbrock system, the RPM was less expensive than the Performer??

This was for the SBC, but just found it odd.

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hjahahahaha That would be too easy /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifthe only reason why I didn't think of that all on my own hahahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya your right?
    EDL-3550 Chevrolet: 1957-1986 396-502, 4V, 1,000 cfm, 1,500 to 7,000 rpm, oval port, Performer RPM Pro-Flo EFI system Today $2,269.95

EDL-3551 Chevrolet: 1965-1986 396-502, 4V air valve, 1,000 cfm, idle to 5,000 rpm, oval port, Performer Pro-Flo EFI sys... Today $2,459.39
    From SummitRacing.com

Wierd???

13. Ryan B.

I think you can get the manifold fully polished for under $200 more. Might be around $100 more, can't remember off hand.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. rjfguitar

Fully polished manifold??? Why would someone wan't that much bling? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Ryan B.

Cause a polished manifold looks bad ass and adds horsepower don't you know.
    I'm not talkin crankshaft hp i'm talkin about lug nut horsepower yo. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

oh hell ya yo /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    All over that lug nut HP baby /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. rjfguitar

I guess then I have LOTS of lugnut HP. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

PM Bullet or Derf00 - son and dad - they run it on their 383 moto..............badass rig too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

If my custom MPFI for my BBC falls through (it seems like it is taking the guys forever to machine the TB and to make the ECM's in any kinda of quantity) I am going to get the Edelbrock Pro-Flo...Right now I have the stock TBI. I have had a good deal of contact with the tech dept. from edelbrock and here's what I have found out...

-It comes with an inline fuel pump
    -has all the necessary parts to convert and old HEI style, vacuum advance dist to electronic. (the tech guy said it would also convert my electronic dist to the proper setup fpr the ProFlo
    -And all the wigets and gagets to get you rompin win MPFI style...

I think I am going to get the cheaper version (the #3550) and put the extra $$$ towards the smaller injectors so when I DO need the big azz injectors I will have them...

Chris

20. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Oh and they also have software available now so you CAN tune via a laptop as well as the in-cab controller...Pretty pimp setup if you as me...

Chris