Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running flowtech afterburner headers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Topdown, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I have been trying to read up on them but want some real life examples. They claim that they produce low-end torque like the tri-y headers for 1/3 the cost. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks
    -Ryan

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Ran a set on my 79. They fit well, and the plugs are fairly easy to reach. I have a set of Thorley's on my Sub. I'd say they are comparable.

3. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Yeppers, plugs are no problem, also doesn't hit the front shackles /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I think the truck had some more 'nut' after installation
    Pretty happy with them, I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I put a set on my 78 K10. More power/torque.....I couldn't tell any (seat of the pants), but they seal well (thick flanges and I spent the extra cash for Percy's aluminum gaskets), plugs are easy to change (for headers), and don't hit my ORD shackles (although you have to put the bolts in from the inside out). They are worlds better than the "regular" flowtech pieces of crap.

Just my .02

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I have them and am happy with them. I have never used Thorleys, so I can't compare. No leak problems yet and the only interference was with my shift linkage, which just required a little bending to avoid rubbing the header tube. The low end torque is just a little better than the manifolds. It is obvious just by looking at them and the stock manifolds that they will be way better at high rpm.

Summit is the best place to buy them from. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a set of them too. They are by far one of the better headers that I have bought for the money.