Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running Hedman headers w/a/c and p/s?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Jan 25, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I got some basic Hedman Headers for my new 350. I got the a/c bracket for them, but that only appears to work with the long a/c compressors. Mine is the short one. The original bracket mounted to the front two header bolts. In addition the p/s bracket attaches to the a/c one.

Does anyone else have this setup that can tell me how you got it all to work? Any help you can give would be appreciated before I go custom fabricating.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I am running this setup. You have to cut off one leg of the bracket where it mounts to the header.

I then used an old metal shock bushing/spacer to hold the bracket against the header. You can also use 4 nuts one size larger than the bolt. I did this for a while too.

I can take a picture when I get home tonight. It will be a little late. But I'll try to help in any way I can.

John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

So, I am assuming you cut off the back leg? Then you mounted only the front header bolt? Is there any problems with stability or strength with this method?

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Correct.

None yet, and have spun the motor to 6800rpm. Works fine for me.

John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>