Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running Hummer bias tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Oct 8, 2003.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Just curious to how they handle on the road? heard they tend to wander a lot.

2. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I've got a set that are about to go under my junk. I hear they're loud and get the vibes for the most part. I got 'em cheap to hold me over till I can afford something betta'. Probably gonna run the TRXUS again.

3. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I just lifted my truck and put a set on. unfortulantly its not a street truck, but i have to break the motor in so I have to drive on my backroads. I'll let you know how they ride in a couple of days.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I ran them for a while.. I grooved them thou.. They wheren't that bad.. But the welded 14bff made them loud around corners... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I am running a set on my DD, they do wander more than a radial tire does, but with good steering components and the right pressure, 25 psi in mine, they are not too bad. They are kind of loud, but not worse than any other mud tread tire. they will vinrate when they are cold, you will swear the truck is going to fall apart, but when they warm up they are fine. My tires took A LOT of weight to balance, but to be expected with a 36" bias ply tire. I like mine, they are not as easy to drive with as the 33" radials I took off, but I can live with it for the extra ground clearance.

Krennen

Oh, BTW, I am running a rear Detroit and they do tned to get sguirreley on wet roads and the will chirp real easy if you get on it in a corner. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif