Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone running hummer locks on a dually front and srw axle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fourwheelerjeff, May 12, 2003.

1. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

if so, do you have some opinions and pics, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

What are you trying to find out?
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

dually front? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

No real opinions, but it's something I've heard (and seen in pics) before.

It works out great for the dually front, the rear, I've only heard of one method that I like, that was the spacers that WOLF359 used. Unbreakable man. There was a guy in TN running the front ones normal and the wheels in the back reversed. Looked a little funny, but he liked it. I don't think I care for that setup exactly, but what ever blows your skirt up...

5. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just put mine 12 Bolt Radial Hummer rims and 42's on my dually D60 equipped blazer with C14FF rear. The front works out great the rear end is a little different. I am presently running 2-1/2" spacers on the rear to make the necessary depth for the rim. Havent gone wheeling yet. Nor do I have any pics yet.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The Dually front axle with a Van width rear would be the ideal setup to run the stock Hummer wheels. </font>

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Here's the setup I was referring too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These pics came from WOLF359 on his site at www.gohumvee.com

HTH

KP

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I still think that that looks dangerous... The paint is wicked cool though, and expertly applied. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif </font>

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

After he ran Top Truck with them with no prb's, I'll give him credit. At least he didn't use 6" studs to make it work /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It's not a WHOLE lot different than a factory dually hub. Sure it's not cast as one peice, but with the added bracing behind it, it doesnt' look to bad. All this running his 16" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif wide hummer rims with 44" boggers. The paint, well, that's a whole 'nother thread right there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Does anyone sell a spacer like that? what does a factory dually hub look like anyway? If wolf makes them, does he sell them as well?

11. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As I stated before I am running the Dually D60 front. It has a WMS to WMS measurement of approx. 76-1/2". The standard C14BFF truck rear end has a WMS to WMS measurement of approx. 67-1/4". The C14BFF Van rear end has a WMS to WMS measurement of approx. 70-1/4". The hummer rim has a BS of 7". This is why I have chosen to use the 2-1/2" spacers on each side of the rear axle. I have just purchase a van rearend and will be using it soon, still with the spacers. This will give me an overall WMS to WMS measurement of approx. 75-1/4". I am using spacers from Performance Wheel and Tire in Colorado. Hope this info helps. 42's and Hummer Rims

12. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone sell a spacer like that? what does a factory dually hub look like anyway? If wolf makes them, does he sell them as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I've found. Wolf doesn't make them either, at least not the last time I talked to him.

13. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Van width rear would be the ideal

[/ QUOTE ]
    That will help, but ideal would be one of the ~ 75" D70HDs out of a Ford.

If you want to run the rears inside out get the lug ring that came w/ that DRW D60 front so the lugnuts still have an interfearance fit.

14. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

A D70HD out of a Chevy dually pick up would probably be perfect.

I thought Fords used a regular D70, not an HD. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Most of the newer dually pickups use a bolt-on spacer that looks similiar to the one in the pictures, though it is one cast piece (versus welded together). So if done correctly it should be okay.

16. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

thanks for the replies, i am looking at buying another k30 that is a dually and was thinking of ditching the rear axle and converting to srw, on the low budget poor boy method of running the hummer locks; of course i need another rig like a hole in the head, but that is another thread /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif