Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running Mickey Thompson MTX tires ? Comment's!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TK5, Apr 23, 2003.

1. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

Anyone running Mickey Thompson MTX tires ? Comment\'s!!!

Is anyone running the Mickey Thompson MTX tires? I have an opportunity to buy five (315-75-16) at $144 a piece. The tire store located here is owned and run by one of my former students. He swears by them. He commented they balance with the least amount of weight of any large tire he sells and they have a pretty good mileage rating.

I don't do much rock climbing, but I do some trail mostly search and rescue. Plus this is my Daily Driver.

2. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone running Mickey Thompson MTX tires ? Comment\'s!!!

Look @ your signature TK5. Your from Tennessee, the mudholes get pretty deep around here.With that said i havent tried the tires your thinking of but i'd say something from the Interco family would suit your needs.
    where ya located?I'm from Chattanooga
    later

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I have 35x12.5x15 MTX's and love 'em. They have awesome flotation (especially when aired down to 6 psi /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and are one of the best tires for sand that I have encountered. They stick quite well to the rocks too . They aren't a swamper in the mud, but they have never got me stuck (knock on wood) so I really have no complaints about them there. So far I have close to 30,000 miles on them and I am just under half tread /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I have had them balanced once and each tire took 4oz to get a perfect balance and that ain't bad /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. Noise is completely unnoticeable over my flowmaster and they ride very smooth on the highway. I would most definately buy these tires again if they were available in a 37. As for my 35''s, I am completely satisfied. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

The MTXs are great tires. Low road noise (less than BFG TAs) and they wear/ride great. Since most of us spend more time on road than off, they are a great compromise tire. AND they still have an aggressive enough design that they don't look like "wussy" tires.

They are not a MT (mud tire) so they will not perform like an MT, but they are a SMART tire to buy. Since they will outlast any MT...you can save your $$ until you have enough to get some MT tires w/rims and run 2 sets of wheels.

Try them...you'll like them.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif