Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone running Summit guages?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, May 5, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

looking at their standard 2-5/8" mechanical guages. Anyone run them? autometers are bling bling, but I'm not really interested in sinking hundreds of $ into guages. Just looking for water temp, oil pressure and volts right now. Already have a tranny temp... I'll get oil temp etc set up later. Anyway, they sell water/oil/volts packaged together for $50ish. Anyone use 'em?

j

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have a set of their 2 1/16" gauges. They are a good value for the money, and I would buy them again. The ones I bought were $28.95, and are 270 degree sweep gauges to make them a bit easier to read. The part number is SUM-G2925-V for if you want to look them up online.

[​IMG]

3. jekbrown

cool beans. I was looking at Nordskog or Cyberdyne digitals... but when ya include sending units and all that jazz, those can run ya $75 per guage. yikes! The summit mechanicals are much cheaper and will prolly do the job just fine. Anway, thanks for the review. :)

j

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I just got mine installed a couple of weeks ago. The seem to be working well so far.
    [​IMG]
    They light up pretty cool. The have the normal light, plus there is a lit green outline around the numerals. The only thing I noticed is that the oil pressure doesn't light up well. It seems like some of the internal stuff is blocking the bulb.

5. jekbrown

is the lighting user-replaceable? I'm thinking of going Bling-Bling and using blue LEDs.. :grin:

j

6. mrk5

It's just a regular incandescent bulb that pops out of the back. So the green must be part of the gauge face.

So using blue LED's would just make it a darker green outline I suppose. Might look kinda cool.

7. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

I have the 2 piece set (OP/temp) in 2 5/8" that are over 5 years old and I have been really happy with them. Great bang for the buck!

8. jekbrown

cool, good to hear. I know that accuracte guages are an important thing... but I've never really been in to "guage bling" (you know who you are... with your $500+ guage panels! lol!) so these look like a good option. I'm gonna try the blue LED thing... yes, thats bling too. When all is said and done it may be the only bling on my rig so I guess thats ok. ;)

j

9. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

What gauge panel is that? That looks like a military cucv 1009 blazer thats been repainted :thumb:
    George

10. mrk5

Never been repainted, that's camoflage yellow. For those rare sunflower field manuevers. :wink1:

Smartass aside, yes it's a CUCV.

I made the panel. It is 1/4" clear plex with what we call black 2" trim cap. (something we use to make signs).