Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running SuperLift - SuperRide lift kit please read...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LA91Blazer, May 20, 2001.

1. LA91Blazer

LA91Blazer Registered Member

My rear springs are too short. Anybody else have this problem? Do I need 56" rear springs?
    Had a bad weekend on the project. Doing the shackle flip, took longer than expected to drop the tank. Then found out that ORD shipped the wrong kit!! Bummer, Fortunetly Steve was in the shop on Sun and we worked it out. II had to bolt up the old brackets so I could roll it out of my shop to the parking lot, and found that the new springs are too short !!!
    AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!
    So the old BROKEN springs went back on. So I ended up almost where I started with the exception of my tank sitting on a wheeled dolly under my truck.
    Any idea's about the springs would be great!
    Thanks

BlazingWolf
    [​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BlazingWolf on 05/20/01 08:40 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. LA91Blazer

Anyone have any ideas? Please post.
    thanks

BlazingWolf
    [​IMG]

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'm not an expert in that area, and have no suggestions, However I wanted to tell you how cool your wolf picture is! [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. LA91Blazer

Thanks SoloWookie hehe you have cool pics to

BlazingWolf
    [​IMG]

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure exactly how the applications break down, but measure the original spring up w/ a tape measure and you should know if you ordered the wrong spring or they sent the wrong application for ya. Also if you had other questions... I know when I was looking into Superlift springs Emmettology (mike) was a great help in answering questions about them. I believe he runs springs all around, but not sure

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am just running the fronts so far, haven't got rear springs yet. You may have been sent the wrong rear springs. I would call whoever you ordered them from and double check... I never had a problem with any of their products and if you call them, they are always very helpful.

[​IMG]GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am running 56" 5.5" Superlift spring packs on the rear of my rig. I know when I bought them they were listed for 73-??(don't remember the end year) but when I measured my stock spring packs from eye to eye and eye to center bolt they matched the specs for the 56"ers. It sounds like you were sent the wrong pacs!!
    Must have been that damn Mr. Murphy!! Sorry I think that is my fault cuz I KICKED HIS ASS and sent him on his way...far away.....so it looks like he found a new customer[​IMG]
    Hang in there you get you rig goin again!
    Good Luck and tell MR.Murphy (@*(#@%@###+()@$%&*)@!$ outa here......

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

8. LA91Blazer

Talked to superLift, and confirmed that I do have the right springs. They are SHORTER that the OEM springs. I can barly get them to bolt up, the rear shackle has to be all the way forward. They said this is normal and should settel out when I put the load on them. My problem is that they are only 2" lift because I am doing the shackle flip. Has anybody running the flip kit had any problems with shackle/spring angles?

BlazingWolf
    [​IMG]

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ahhh, ya know now That I think about it when I installed my 5.5 spring pacs I had to first put the bolt in the rear eye then lower the body/spring pac onto the rearend to 'flaten out' the arch inorder to get the front eye bolt in. was a major pain but with a little determination I finally got them installed. Great springs they work very well off road and the hwy maners are very smooth. Heck even my city-slicker wife thinks my rig rides nice on the hwy, bumpy roads? Well thats another story....
    Good Luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>