Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running TBI spacer on a 1990 K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Jun 2, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

If you havent seen my post on "Why is my blazer idling so high.." this is in regards to my tranny shifting higher and harder since the spacer was pu under the throttle body. Did yours do the same thing and how did you fix it?? Thanks

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have one, but it was there when I bought the truck. The throttle has gotten stuck open a few times though......

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with mine after I installed it. There is an adjuster on the driver side of the tbi that you can move in and out in order to make it right. If you know somebody in a tranny shop have them do it for you. If you do it wrong, you will chance burning up the tranny.

GOT ROCKS?

4. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

You may need to adjust your TV cable. It's easy. Just depress the tab on the bottom or side. It is hard to see but get a small inspection mirror and look behind the bracket. Once you release it, the cable should go in towards the tranny. I found it easier to unhook it from the tbi.
    Hook it back up and with your hand move the the thottle to wide open. You should hear the cable click.

This is to set it back to spec. You can play with it to make your tranny shift firmer or harder. But I recommend the factory setting. Do a seach on TV cable for other posts.

The Few, The Proud, The K5 Blazer