Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone running the Dmax racor kit??

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ben427, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Yeah so is anyone running the Racor kit on their Duramax??? I was gonna run Cat filters, but the Racor is on sale at a local Hydraulic place, and i am considering it. It seems to be a complete kit, although im not gona mount it under the truck where they suggest, as i WILL tear it off. It looks like it should be a good unit, you can get a 2 micron filter for it which i like. Anywho, anythoughts and/or opinions are appreciated.

h heres a link to the kit . http://www.maesco.com/products/racor/r_duramax/r_duramax.html

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I think I read on thedieselpage that the stock racor that comes on the dmax is prone to cracking and can lead to early injector failure. Any additional filtering prior to the stock filter would be a big help. The problem is, I think they are mounted on the bottom of the truck because it has to be before the stock system.
    I have two racor turbines, a 500fg and a 900FG, both do a great job at water seperation and filtration. I also have the WIX Filter kit (12 microns) with water seperator, another fine unit. It all depends on how you can mount- The turbine series must have top accessible space- The spin ons can be mounted under without top clearance. I believe Kennedy sells one with a metal skid plate.

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Yep, I know about the cracking, which is the reason i wanted auxiliary filtration.I am also planning on mounting the filter in the engine compartment, cause i know i will rip it off if it is mounte underneath. Thanks for the reply.