Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone running their fuel tank or a cell in the back of a k5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by topless1tonk5, May 31, 2002.

1. topless1tonk5

topless1tonk5 Registered Member

i have a wild hare to get this anchor out from under my truck and its not a dily driver anymore anyway. do they make a fuel cell that will accept all the factory lines and pump/sending unit? anyone done this?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

PM laketex, think he has done it or is researching how to.............

3. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I built a fuel cell that uses a stock tbi pump and sending unit from a saddle tank. I have some picks at the bottom of my photos page at my website.

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i used a 40 gallon suburban tank on top of my flatbed... it works fine...

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey topless, I took the stock tank adn moved into the bed up towards the front , inbetwwen the fender wells and all the wazy forward to the drop. What I did was cut a hole in the floor large enough foor the bottom of the tank to sit through. So it sitts down about halfway. Then I took the stock straps and used them to restrap it down. I reused all the stock lines, it was amazing how well the fit up into the cab. It was like they were meant to go up there. My filler door is not comeplete yet. We built a complete toolbox around the tank that incorpprates storage, hiding the tank, and all the tailights, extra revers lights, and the Liscense plat into the tool box. ( p.s. I bobbed 30" off the back , so that is why i did all the other stuff.)
    Hope this helps, Nash

6. topless1tonk5

thx dblazer that sounds super trick! but i just want one i can set in tha back behind the seat that will accept my stock fittings.

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I need to come look at your K5. I am going to do something similar w/ the tank, except I am going to build a new alum. tank w/ diff. dimensions that fits a little better (welding shop owes me a favor). Where is rocktek again? I forgot. I want to see all of the other cool stuff going on too.

8. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

I haven't heard of an aftermarket aluminum tank that will accept your stock fittings, but I'm sure anything is possible. I have an aluminum tank set in the bed of my k5...it is a summit 20 gallon tank with GM sending unit. They stock everything you would possibly need to hook it up to your k5.

9. topless1tonk5

ya thats what i want to do with the tank. is yours fuel inj.? how much did the complete set up cost with pump, sending unit and fittings? thx--j.c.