Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone running Tuff Country shackle flip with the 3" springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5-newbie, Feb 3, 2005.

1. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

orderd my lift last week from ORD and found out today that my 2" springs are on back order till sometime next week (no big deal) but I got to thinking about the famous Blazer sag in the rear. I told them to go ahead and send the 3" springs instead of the 2". Hopefully this will lvl the truck or maybe even give it a little rake.

Anyone have any experience with this or even pics? I ordered the front 6" Tuff Country springs and they should be here tomorrow. I am also doing a D60 and 14 bolt swap when i do the lift.

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

It will still sit dead level. The D60 spring perch is 3/4" taller than the 14FF. You need the extra inch in the rear just to adjust for the D60 (I was sitting level with 4" front springs and a shackle flip, then came the D60 front and zero rates in the rear to keep it that way).

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think you'll be real happy with the 3" springs over the 2".

4. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

noone has any pics?????

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

What they said. I went with 6 inch TC's in front and 2 inch TC's in the rear with the ORD shackle flip. The butt still sagged. I added a 1 inch zero rate from ORD and it still looks like it is sagging. I may be pulling the 2 inch TC's out and ordering a set of 3 inch TC's. I may even go 4 inch TC's and yank the zero rate. I have to measure it as soon as I get it back from the tranny shop.

6. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

i really didnt want to go 8" in the rear, but I would like to have the option of running zero rates to push the axels out a little. I will see what it looks like when the lift is on

7. Desert Rat

Check out the thread in Offroad Design's forum about my Blazer having a saggy butt. DP90K5 ended up going with 9 inches total in the rear with 6 inches up front and it put it level.

8. Desert Rat

Update: got the Blazer back from the tranny shop. It is still sitting 1 inch low. So, I think I'll probably order up some 4 inch springs, remove the zero rates, and measure again. I actually wouldn't mind it sitting a tad bit high in the rear since 99 percent of the time I will be wheeling with a full load of gear in back.

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I had to do the same. I have 7" lift in front and 9" in the rear to level my rig out. Actually, since I installed a 2" block I made (it bolts to the spring pack, NOT a normal lift block) the rear sits approx 3/4" higher than the front. I made some extended shackles for the front that I need to install. That should just about level it out.