Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone see the postrace interview Sat. night?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jac6695, Oct 13, 2003.

1. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Oh thats right, nobody did! NBC SUCKS! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif WTF were they thinking? NO Winston Cup interviews? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. racercrazy

racercrazy 1/2 ton status

I hate NBC and TNT coverage. Fox does such a better job.

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I liked ESPN when they did it. When do they come back?

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Not only was there no interview, they didn't even show victory lane. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I'm no fan of Tony Stewart but geeeezzz at least show him celebrating.

That was pretty lame but it's what I usually expect from NBC.

But at least it was a pretty good race!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I refuse to watch any NASCAR event on NBC or CBS Both Suck ABC is just about as bad too. All stuff in way too many commercials and the coverage is terrible. Jees they cant even get the drivers names right /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    I was watching a Race on ABC one time and they stopped coverage on the the race under green flag to put in a freaking basketball update /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifWTF whoo cares about basketball on the last 50 laps /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WTF whoo cares about basketball on the last 50 laps

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares about basketball anytime /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I actually am a Stewart fan and thought that the choice to end coverage was a bad one (no matter who won). The whole weekend didn't make sense to me. The networks want more primetime races yet they pull this s***. The busch race was scheduled to be aired as a REPLAY Saturday afternoon (actually scheduled to run Friday night but rained out). And I also think Fox overall does a better job but I do like the fact that NBC will break away from a middle of a commercial to show an accident (haven't seen Fox do this).

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I liked TNN's coverage a few years ago.

Last friday I watched a tape of the 2000 GM/UAW race at Charlotte (Dale Earnhardt's last home race) and they had their "no breaks" coverage that put the race in a little PIP box on the corner of the screen when they showed comercials. That was pretty cool, but I bet the sponsers hated it since it took the focus off their idiotic advertisments.

I think NBC is doing the Daytona 500 next year, dangit. Oh well .... lotsa beers will help make it bearable. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Yes that was a great idea TNN had. Too bad it was so short lived and NASCAR had to get greedy and take over the entire TV package. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif