Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone see this? Religious people in large groups scare me.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CyberSniper, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

people in large groups scare me. You don't have to single out religious folks to realize that most people think differently when in large groups. Some with very scary consequences. I am not a fan of people or large groups of people so I often stay to the outside of things and get defensive or edgy, so you won't find me at something like that

3. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Whew...I hope this thread ends well.

No one is impressed with that kind of rhetoric.

It alienates me, probably everyone.

But wild eyed sensationalism is everywhere, not just in religous "groups".

These people have an anger problem.

They need to kick back like me and boggerless and enjoy God's presence in the reading of the Word, and then pray for folks, not throw pamphlet bombs at them.

God is good, all the time. His Law Word is also still in effect. People are his hands and feet in this world to help reconcile a very lost, and deceived, populace back to Him, thru Jesus's sacrifice on the cross.

Except Christian people are imperfect, and downright stupid sometimes. Or have anger problems, etc. And go out and do stuff like that.

Pray for America. :D

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Fruitcakes. I'm not into religion, but I'm pretty sure that Jesus [Mohammed, Joseph Smith, Lazarus Long] did not specify anything about hating people.

As for the large group thing, consider this:

What really gets me is that the police HAVE to protect these nutballs. Free speech is great and all, but jeez.

Well, maybe they keep the nutballs in line, too... and if a few get unruly and have to be beaten up, shucks. :haha:

-- A

5. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

That is a representation of the exact opposite end of the spectrum of the so called "Communist Left". The people in those stories scare me.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Man thats f***ed up. Talk about reaching way out there, associating gays with terrorists, wow. On the brigther side, it really discredits them to protest at funerals, that is just pure bad taste.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

This same idiot protested at Matthew Sheperd's funeral too, just goes to show you that morons come in all shapes, colors and religions too.

8. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i don't care what your cause if you feel for WHATEVER reason that it is appropriate to protest at a KIA serviceman's funeral you should be shot on site to hell with your first amendment rights you shouldn't even be given the chance to leave that f'n outrages me is there anyway to get ahold of these poeple through their website or anything? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Those people are not Christians.

They are lunatics.

10. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Or Christian lunatics. :D

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Exactly why people should be judged on an individual basis and not tossed into political/religious sterotypical groupings for mass judgement.

12. Can Can

Or lunatics hiding behind a "righteous" cause in order to lend some sort of crediblity to their insane and misguided bigotry.......

FWIW, Jesus would not have supported their message. That's the bottom line.

13. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Religious people scare me. They get in large groups and do what is "right" for them. They look at their "adversaries" like they are a lesser people and tend to be unaccepting. The only true "god" is "their" god.

Just like the dolts in the link above. They scare me. It shows exactly how Hitler was able to convince a bunch of people that what they were doing was a Good Idea (tm). These people wholeheartedly believe this crap.

When they get into large groups they wreak all kinds of havoc. They've been doing it for millennia. They say their "god" told them to do it or that their "scripture" said it was alright. If it wasn't a civil war (and including most of those) and it wasn't since WWII, chances are it was a war based on religion.

People get off easy when in court, at school, at work, or even on the street by pulling the religion card. All these people that have _blind_ faith because they can't even believe in themselves are a detriment to society. If they must be conned into doing the right thing by a piece of paper of unknown origins they don't really deserve to be alive to begin with.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You're generalizing................................

15. Can Can

:yikes: :shame:

And these people are crazy? Sorry, but if you honestly believe this kind of crap you are just as guilty of bigotry as the people you so obviously despise. You are spreading hate just as much as they are.

I'm gonna lock this down right now because your "opinions" have no point other than to inflame and start fights. In the future, please keep this type of hatred out of the Lounge........:angry1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.