Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone seen Operation Junkyard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Feb 5, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Anyone ever see this show called Operation Junkyard? It's by Discovery Channel for Kids. They pick two teams and have them build something in a few hours time like a electric scooter, catapult and power sprayer. The have them welding, using sawzall's and all kinds of cool stuff. It's really cool to see kids doing this and the buses are even cooler (I want one)! I think it's awesome they are getting kids into stuff like this! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

They give the kids too much help.
    -- Mike

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

My 7yo loves watching that /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sure beats most of the other junk on tv /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ditto, what Polaris said...

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I would rather watch the regular Junkyard Wars, but I agree, it's cool that they have kids building things like that. Somehow I don't think the name of the kid's Junkyard show should have the name Junkyard in it at all. I sorta watched the catapault one, and they were cutting and welding up some pretty nice looking (DOM?) tubing. Tell me what junkyard to go to to find new tubing like that, and I'll be there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif