Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone seen "The Devil's Rejects"?*now with my POV*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gambit420s, Jul 23, 2005.

1. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

anyone seen this yet? i loved house of a 1000 corpses, so i'm looking foward to it. it looks really good. i'm going to see it here in a few hrs just wanted to see if y'all liked it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  2. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Rob Zombie kicks butt :bow:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was going to last night, but became a little ill so I stayed home. Saw Rob Zombie today though :D He noted he'd like you a lot more if you saw it, haha.

4. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

after House of a 1000 Corpses, i wont even bother.

5. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

*CAUTION* contains some movie discussion, and pointless rants

Well, I just saw it and I loved it :saweet: , as far as a psycho-killer(s) horror movie. It had all the expected trappings of sex, drugs, and the wholesale slaughter of innocent bystanders, but with a upbeat campy kind of theme i haven't seen since Natural Born Killers. Any horror movie that can end in "Freebird" definitely is a little twisted. :screwy: There was even a starring role for a 83-ish K5 (well more than any other vehicle). Although why they had a 80's K5 in what was supposed to be '78; I don't know(shame on rob zombie :shame: ) I thought William Forsythe's portrayal of Sheriff Wydell(brother to 1K corpses mudered Sheriff Wydell)was good but didn't quite believe his turn from law enforcer to vigilante. The presence of his brothers killers should have, in my opinion, caused a little more imaginative torture. The movie was well written, cut, and directed by Zombie, and very poignantly scored. It even left enough ambiguity to allow yet another film based on these characters. All in all, I enjoyed the movie and it was worth the $16 for me and my girl.

However, what I did not enjoy was the police removing several patrons for smoking. While I understand that the theater was non-smoking, and I did not smoke while in the theater, It is ludicrous to have had the police remove 3 people.

In a film that featured the murder of law enforcement, prostitution, forcible rape/sexual assault, drug use, necrophilia, death by semi-truck, gun, knife, and twisting someone's head off, and while several victims were being brutally murdered, they thought it enough of a crime to remove people for smoking.

While I'm sure that one or two people might have been bothered by someone smoking A cigarette, I am positive that 40-50% of the audience were smokers. I was not alone in booing both the management and the police officers, for disrupting the film. Every single person that left through the fire exit with me, at the end of the movie, immediately lit up, within 20' of the door. I guarantee that no other movie, playing in that cinema, had the tattoo, mohawk, or piercing per capita of the audience for "The Devil's Rejects".

What in the ****ing hell has this country come to :dunno: , where graphic depiction of the molestation of a woman with a firearm is more acceptable than someone lighting up a butt? (no pun intended) I know that some of you will flame me for saying that smoking in any public place should be allowed, but most of those will never see this movie. Either way FTP and managment everywhere.

PS: it featured a trailer for "SAW II" due out Halloween
    And I saw a poster for "Walk the Line" with the silhouette of the Man in Black, :bow: due out in Nov.
    I will make it a point to see both.

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I havent seen much of adverising for it as i dont have tv at my house. But I take it off your guys' posts it had storyline from house of 1000 corpses.

When I saw that movie, me, two buddys and their girlfriends were in a basement watching it. Ive never heard two girls scream so much in their lives, lol

7. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

agreed

8. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

I loved it, it was great

9. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

i just bought two tickets to his concert here in a month. :saweet: :saweet:

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I was skeptical about going to see it with the way House of 1000 Corpses disappointed me. But I was happy. Looked like there was much, MUCH more funding (read: not made in an abandoned house down the road with a case of beer) toward special effects, and production in general. The acting was highly improved as well. Nothing spectacular, but better.

Something I might buy when it comes out, not sure yet.

I also saw Wedding Crashers earlier that day. That movie was a lot funnier than I expected. Laughed my ass off. HUGE celebrity walk-in that hasn't been advertised.

11. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Saw it last night and loved it. It was a great 70's style horor movie with a sence of humor. :D Its even funny how the main character (Ottis) looks a little like Rob Zombie.